1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Golf’s Greatest Trips Sweepstakes for The Ryder Cup Trip (the “Giveaway”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 5, 2016, and ends at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on September 5, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsors reserves the right to end the Giveaway earlier at its sole and exclusive discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is offered in the U.S. and Canada except where prohibited. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Null and void in Puerto Rico and Quebec. Sponsor employees, marketing firm employees, or friends or relatives of sponsors’ employees or marketing firm’s employees are not eligible to win prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Complete the form on http://golfsgreatesttrips.com or enter via Global Golf Post Monday email or on Global Golf Post’s Facebook page. There is no cost to participate, and no limit on bonus entries when a content participant enters on Facebook, shares and a user clicks on the shared link and enters the contest. No Purchase Necessary to enter.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential winner for The Ryder Cup Trip will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor on Sunday, September 4, 2016, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Giveaway.
5. PRIZE(S): $700 total airfare or travel expenses, two standard Ryder Cup tickets, four night hotel accommodation, breakfast included daily, shuttles from hotel to golf course each day.
The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner, at its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
6. CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS FOR WINNERS: The prize(s) are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If a winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, winner(s) must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign an Affidavit to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees (i) that all decisions of the Sponsor with respect to the Giveaway are final and binding; (ii) to release the Sponsor, and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Giveaway and the award or use of the prize(s); (iii) to allow the Sponsor to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Giveaway, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, to sign a Publicity Release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Sponsor is not responsible or liable to any participant or winner or any person claiming through such participant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor's’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). Sponsor does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner(s).
7. RELEASE FORM: The potential prize winner(s) will be notified by email on or about one (1) day after the winner selection and will be given two (2) days to confirm receipt of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address or participant's inability to access the email address. If a potential prize winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the online entry form, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion. In certain states, if a potential prize winner is under the age of the age of the majority of the residents in their state, the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the “Affidavit”) within seven (7) days of notification. A potential prize winner’s failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. The potential prize winner will be subject to a verification process, to include winner’s name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number. The Giveaway Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winner(s) or for any late, misdirected, or if the potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner(s) are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner(s) must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred US dollars ($600.00) in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
11. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Giveaway, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Giveaway and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Giveaway is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Giveaway, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim a prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each participant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive or amend any of these rules in its sole discretion.
12. RELEASE: By participating in the Giveaway, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsor, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Giveaway, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an Affidavit provided by the Sponsor.
13. MISCELLANEOUS: Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Any winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Giveaway at any time as announced on the website. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Giveaway. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of the Giveaway prizes. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Giveaway, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Giveaway constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon participant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.