NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter. (a) via Website. During the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), (i) go to https://meangirlsonbroadway.com/oct3 and (ii) follow the instructions to share your Fantasy Draft Cast for the MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical. (b) via Facebook: To enter via Facebook, log into your Facebook account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of Sponsor’s page on Facebook, located at https://www.facebook.com/MeanGirlsBway/ (“Sponsor’s Facebook Page”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Click on “Burn Book Sweepstakes” to enter. You must have a Facebook account to enter via this method. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can create one by visiting www.facebook.com. Facebook accounts are free.
If you choose to enter via Facebook, using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
All entry information and posts shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to request releases from any third parties appearing in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third party releases upon Sponsor’s request may result in disqualification, as determined by Sponsor is its sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s grant to Sponsor of a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Limit one (1) entry and one Submission per person regardless of method of entry. Entrants are not permitted to submit a Submission more than once during the Sweepstakes Period. Duplicate Submissions by the same person will be subject to disqualification. All terms and conditions of Facebook.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Instagram, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform or for the account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time on October 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on October 23, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Situation Interactive, (“Sponsor”), Mean Girls on Broadway and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant
from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Sweepstakes Restrictions.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Random Drawing/Odds. On or about October 26, 2020, winner will be selected at random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor.
6. Prize(s). One (1) Grand Prize(s): The winner will receive the opportunity to have one (1) custom “BURN” to be written into the Burn Book featured in Mean Girls the Musical at the August Wilson Theatre located at 245 W. 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019 after resumption of such production, and the Mean Girls Movie Musical, theatrical release date TBD. There is no guarantee winner’s name will ever appear on screen, that the stage production will resume or that the film will have a theatrical release. Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined: $200. Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. No
substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of [any] prize, or for any other reason, Sponsor has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor. All taxes on the prize value and all expenses that are not specified as being part of the prize are the responsibility of winner(s). Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
7. Notification. Potential winner will be notified on or about October 28, 2020 and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within two (2) days of receipt. Additionally, potential winner(s) may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
Potential winner will be notified by email from the Sponsor.
Potential winner(s) will be required to email Sponsor within two (2) calendar days of the notification attempt in order to claim their prize.
If any potential winner does not respond within two (2) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Release of Claims; Other Conditions. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, MEAN GIRLS ON BROADWAY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PROMOTION OR EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROVISION OF THE PRIZE, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THE AGENTS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING, AND THE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING, AND THE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND THAT THE ENTRANT EVER HAD, NOW HAS OR MIGHT IN THE FUTURE HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, PARTICIPATION IN OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF AND/OR ANY USE OF ANY SUBMISSION OR THE ENTRANT’S PERSONALITY RIGHTS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AS PERMITTED PURSUANT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND LIABILITIES (A) RELATING TO ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS SUSTAINED BY ANY ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON, (B) BASED UPON ANY ALLEGATION OF VIOLATION OF THE RIGHT OF PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, DEFAMATION OR VIOLATION OF ANY OTHER PERSONAL OR PROPRIETARY RIGHT OR (C) OR BASED UPON ANY ALLEGATION OF A VIOLATION OF ANY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION RELATING TO PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DATA SECURITY. EACH ENTRANT AGREES NOT TO ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. EACH ENTRANT ASSUMES THE RISK OF, AND ALL LIABILITY FOR, ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, THE USE OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE, OR THE PROVISION, ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PRIZE COMPONENT. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND WILL HAVE NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH, (V) ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION OR OTHER ERROR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZES OR WINNERS, (W) LATE, LOST, DELAYED, ILLEGIBLE, DAMAGED, CORRUPTED OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CAPTURE OF, DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF ENTRIES OR ENTRY INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER HUMAN, MECHANICAL OR TECHNICAL ERROR OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE OPERATION OF ANY WEBSITE, COMMUNICATIONS OR ATTEMPTED COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANY ENTRANT, THE SUBMISSION, COLLECTION, STORAGE OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES OR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (X) ANY “ACT OF GOD” OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT OUTSIDE OF SPONSOR’S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE ANY POSTPONEMENT OR CANCELLATION OF ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY OR INTERFERE WITH, DELAY OR PREVENT THE PROVISION OF ANY PRIZE, (Y) UNDELIVERABLE E-MAILS RESULTING FROM ANY FORM OF ACTIVE OR PASSIVE E-MAIL FILTERING BY A USER'S INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER AND/OR E-MAIL CLIENT OR FOR INSUFFICIENT SPACE IN USER'S E-MAIL ACCOUNT TO RECEIVE E-MAIL OR (Z) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN OR ACCESSING OR DOWNLOADING INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating in and/or entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, address (city and state) and/or statements attributed to the entrant, in perpetuity (collectively, “Personality Rights”), throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel
cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or if for any other reason Sponsor determines in its discretion that the Sweepstakes cannot be operated as planned. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2020 to: [Situation Interactive, ATTN: Mean Girls Team, 223 W. 38 Street, #1093, New York, New York 10018].
14. Sponsor. Situation Interactive. [Situation Interactive, ATTN: Mean Girls Team, 223 W. 38 Street, #1093, New York, New York 10018].
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.