Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
Event Dates: May 10, 2021 through September 6, 2021.
Participants may have their photos featured in Texas Parks & Wildlife (TPW) magazine and/or on TPW magazine social media posts. Those completing the scavenger hunt will receive two-year digital subscription to the TPW magazine app (a $20 value) from Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine.
SCAVENGER HUNT RULES
1. All entries must be taken as instructed in the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt (GOSH) article, available in the June 2021 issue, on the magazine app, or on our website (tpwmagazine.com). Images must include a person or persons in the photo.
2. All entries must be uploaded to the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt photo site (accessible via our website or our Facebook page), or tagged on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr or YouTube using the hashtag #GOSHTX, between May 10, 2021 and September 6, 2021 (11:59 PM CST).
Let us know how you want to be credited if we use your picture in TPWD publications. (See “Rights to Photos”)
To see a complete list of GOSH locations, visit www.tpwmgazine.com. For more information about photography in state parks, visit www.texasstateparks.org/photography or www.TexasStateParks.org.
The Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt is open to all participants regardless of residence, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation.
Judging Criteria for Publication
TPW magazine staff will choose photos that best illustrate the spirit of the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt. Judging will be based on composition, creativity, originality, interaction and overall impression. Selected photographs may be spotlighted on the Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine webpage, on our app, and via TPW magazine and TPWD social media.
TPW magazine retains the sole discretion over the selection of, and decision not to select, any particular entry as publishable. TPW magazine shall determine which images to publish in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by magazine staff are final.
TPW magazine may require a higher quality resolution of any photograph selected for print publication. If a suitable resolution for print is not available, an alternate photograph may be selected.
If a prize is awarded, all taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prizes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Other Terms and Conditions
All photographs must be your own work, and you must own the right to distribute the image.
You must have the consent of those whose faces are visible in the image. Upon request, you may be required to provide a release for each individual in the photograph.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single High Dynamic Range (HDR) image are acceptable. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
TPW magazine reserves the right to refuse photographs that contain nudity, violent or offensive material, trademarked or copyrighted images or other inappropriate content.
TPW magazine is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or technical errors or difficulties.
TPW magazine reserves the right to adjust the contest deadline if necessary.
By entering, participants thereby RELEASE and HOLD HARMLESS TPW magazine, TPWD, its employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt or any prize won. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply.
By participating in the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Rights to Photos
Your photographs help Texas Parks and Wildlife manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations. Thank you for helping us to fulfill our mission through your photography!
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable. By entering the Great Outdoor Scavenger Hunt photo contest, you grant TPW magazine a nonexclusive right and royalty free license, in perpetuity, to:
• Publish the images for TPWD purposes in any format at any time, including on TPWD’s website, social media accounts and in TPWD’s publications or presentations, such as newsletters, brochures, magazine issues, fundraising appeals, public service announcements, grant proposals, reports, awards, thank-you cards, displays, mailings and invitations.
• Use, in connection with the GOSH event, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
• Keep the files provided and archive the images on disk or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, TPWD shall credit all photographs with the caption “© Person's Name” when the full name is available, or by the participant’s social media username when the participant’s full name is unavailable.