THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY OR OTHERWISE NOT ELIGIBLE.
DISCOUNT TIRE® 60th ANNIVERSARY SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF PARTICIPATING VIA A MOBILE DEVICE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“DC”) who are eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen  if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of The Reinalt-Thomas Corporation (“Sponsor”), Discount Tire, America’s Tire, Discount Tire Direct, Michelin North America (“Sweepstakes Partner”),Prize Logic LLC (“Sweeps Administrator”) and their respective subsidiary and affiliated companies, participating locations, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers, and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses, regardless of where they reside), and individuals residing in their same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
The Sweepstakes is being offered in several different creative presentations (between Discount Tire, America’s Tire and Discount Tire Direct) that share a common prize structure.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2020 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is divided into six (6) entry periods (each a “Month”) as defined below. The computer of Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device of the Sweepstakes.
Start Date/Time 07/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 07/31/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 08/03/20
Start Date/Time 08/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 08/31/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 09/01/20
Start Date/Time 09/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 09/30/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 10/01/20
Start Date/Time 10/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 10/31/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 11/02/20
Start Date/Time 11/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 11/30/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 12/01/20
Start Date/Time 12/01/20, 12:00:00 a.m. PT
End Date/Time 12/31/20, 11:59:59 p.m. PT
Drawing Date 01/04/2
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit Discounttire.com/60years; Discounttire.com/60; Americastire.com/60years; Americastire.com/60; or Discounttiredirect.com/60years (collectively the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to complete and submit the online registration form to receive an entry into the Monthly Drawing(s), corresponding to your state of residency and one (1) entry into the Final Drawing. See Section 4 for drawing details.
You may also access the Website by using your SMS-enabled mobile phone or other device to text 60YEARS to short code 87654. By texting 60YEARS to 87654, you authorize Sponsor to send you one (1) reply message to the number you provide by auto dialer. The reply message will contain a link to the Website. Consent is not a condition of entry. Your text is your electronic signature agreeing to these terms and giving electronic written consent.
Should you choose to use your SMS-enabled mobile phone to access the Website, you must have a mobile phone or other web-enabled device with text messaging capabilities. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. A participant may, at any time, choose to not receive further text messages by sending an opt-out text message stating STOP 60YEARS to 87654. If a participant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the words HELP 60YEARS to 87654.
No other form of entry is valid other than as stated above. Limit one (1) entry per day per person/email address, regardless of a specific Website used for entry. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. PT of the same day. All entries must be received and recorded within the Sweepstakes Period.
All participants must have a valid email address and are allowed to participate in the Sweepstakes with only one (1) email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account subscriber of the email address associated with the winning entry and/or an eligible participant. Each entry submission must be manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses or IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all of their entries shall be deemed invalid and any prize they’ve won, if any, shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS:
Monthly Drawings: Entries will be grouped as follows: Group A: AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY. Group B: Fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“DC”). Potential Grand Prize winners will be selected each Month in a random drawing on or about each Drawing Date listed in Section 2 from among all eligible entries received for the corresponding Month and by Group (as described above) (each a “Monthly Drawing”). Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Monthly Drawings. For Group A: Six (6) Grand Prizes will be awarded for Months 1 through 5, and ten (10) Grand Prizes will be awarded for Month 6, for a total of forty (40) Grand Prizes awarded for Group A. For Group B: Three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded for Months 1 through 5, and Five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded for Month 6, for a total of twenty (20) Grand Prizes awarded for Group B.
Final Drawing: Potential First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about January 4, 2021 from among all eligible entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period, regardless of entrant’s state of residency (the “Final Drawing”).
See Section 5 for prize details. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for a given drawing. Limit one (1) prize per person/household for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
Sixty (60) Grand Prizes (40 for Group A and 20 for Group B as described in Section 4): Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) set of four (4) Michelin® tires (up to a total retail value of $1,000.00) and installation of tires for one (1) vehicle (only). Tire selection is subject to availability and restrictions may apply, as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of the tire allowance not used, shall remain unawarded and winner will receive no further compensation and any remaining value cannot be applied to any other merchandise or service. Winner will receive a prize certificate (“Prize Certificate”) for the above-stated prize package and he/she must redeem the Prize Certificate within two (2) years of the date of issuance. The fulfillment of the prize shall be handled by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, which may include the requirement of ordering tires through a Sponsor-administered Website, and using a third-party shop for installation. If a third-party shop is required for installation, winner will receive a $100.00 pre-paid debit card in lieu of the installation portion of the prize. The pre-paid debit card is intended to be used towards the cost of the tire installation. Transportation required to redeem prize is not included. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is up to: $1,100.00.
Sixty (60) First Prizes: Each First Prize consists of one (1) Discount Tire branded backpack. ARV of each First Prize: $65.00 each.
Total ARV of all prizes is up to $69,900.00.
If a potential winner cannot or does not accept the prize as stated, prize may be forfeited in its entirety. No substitution or cash redemption of prize permitted. If a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, on prize and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein are solely winner's responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Each Grand Prize winner will be issued a FORM 1099-MISC, IRS tax form, for the ARV of the Grand Prize.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing, if requested): (i) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Discount Tire, America’s Tire, Discount Tire Direct, Michelin North America and their respective subsidiary and affiliated companies, participating locations, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and that such Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for and against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s) including, without limitation, death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize, including travel thereto; and (ii) that, except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone within two (2) business days of the applicable drawing in which they were selected as a winner. Email and/or phone call (or both) will contain instructions on how to claim the prize. Prize must be claimed within five (5) business days of the date of the notification. Potential Grand Prize winners will also be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (collectively, “Affidavit”), and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) business days, as indicated on the Affidavit. If (i) an attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) the prize is not claimed as stated in the initial notification within the required number of days, (iii) the Affidavit is not returned within the required number of days, (iv) a potential winner cannot be verified as eligible, or (v) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate randomly-selected winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Allow up to four (4) weeks for delivery of either a Prize Certificate or First Prize (as applicable) following the completion of the winner verification process. Grand Prize winners may be required to sign for delivery of the Prize Certificate.
8. PRIZE CERTIFICATE DISCLAIMERS: Redemption of Prize Certificate is subject to these Official Rules and/or additional terms and conditions as stated on Prize Certificate. Prize Certificates are subject to verification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or its representative. Winner must be present at the time the Prize Certificate is redeemed; valid government issued photo ID required. Only official Prize Certificates distributed to Grand Prize winners in this Sweepstakes will be accepted. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used. Prize Certificates will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or if found to be photocopied, reproduced, altered, forged, defaced, tampered with, mutilated, torn, stolen, unissued, unauthorized, traded, bartered, sold, illegitimately obtained or illegible in any way, or if disassembled, or if they fail to contain authorized special markings and/or security codes, or if defective or if they contain printing or other mechanical errors or are printed or produced in error. Prize Certificate is valid for one-time use only. Prizes shall only be awarded to holders of valid Prize Certificate.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, deceptive, garbled or non-delivered entries; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of an entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any participant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant's or to any other person's computer or other web-enabled device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the remaining potential winners in a random drawing from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, human error, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this Website. In case of a dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the email address by the ISP or other organization responsible for assigning such addresses/accounts. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Arizona law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS AGREE (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING IF REQUESTED) THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR PRIZE ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT OR PRIZE WINNER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) PARTICIPANT AND PRIZE WINNER'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Scottsdale, Arizona. By participating, participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Arizona, and consent to venue exclusively in Scottsdale, Arizona.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Discount Tire 60th Anniversary Sweepstakes Winner’s List, P.O. Box 251328 West Bloomfield, MI 48325 for receipt by February 8, 2021.
13. SPONSOR: The Reinalt-Thomas Corporation, 20225 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.
Questions? Please contact 1-800-385-3322