KGW Sunrise Superstars OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KGW Sunrise Superstars (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the states of Oregon or Washington. Contestants under 18 must have parent permission, that will be verified upon call backs. Employees and contractors of KGW (“KGW”), TEGNA Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 4:30 a.m. PT on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 and end at 11:59 p.m. PT Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
To enter, create an original performance and submit a video, between 45 to 90 seconds, of the performative talent act. Complete an Official Entry Form, available at [KGW.com] and email the video entry to email@example.com during the Contest period with your name, address (city, state, zip), age, and daytime telephone number and email your completed Entry Form along with a video recording of your performance of your original performance. If music is used as part of the performance, the contestant must own the composition, or the music performed must be a part of public domain. Both amateur and professional performers may enter. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, including all music used, and must not exceed 90 seconds in length. All recordings must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Entry. During the Contest Period enter online by visiting [KGW.com], clicking on the Sunrise Superstar link, completing all required information and following all posted instructions.
Maximum one (1) entry per person.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. KGW will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaudible, or illegible entries, or entries that exceed the 90 second limit, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KGW. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from KGW or those directed by KGW. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from KGW. All entries become property of KGW and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that KGW shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. KGW further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged or appears to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that KGW deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
4. Winner Selection. Each week, KGW Producers will review all entries. KGW Producers will select two entrants on Monday (6/13, 6/20, 7/4, 7/11, 7/18, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15) to go head-to-head for an audience vote on Tuesday (6/14, 6/21, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16). Audience voting will be open 1:30 a.m. PST – 11:59 p.m. PST each Tuesday on [KGW.com]. The winner of the weekly Tuesday head-to-head vote will move forward to the Monthly Semi-Final with an audience vote on Tuesday (6/28, 7/26, 8/22) also open from 1:30 a.m. PST – 11:59 p.m. PST. Voting will be open 1:30 a.m. PST – 11:59 p.m. PST on [KGW.com] The contestant with the most audience votes will move on to the next round. Contestants moving on to the next round will be announced each week on Wednesday in the 4:30 a.m. PST Sunrise show (6/15, 6/22, 6/29, 7/6, 7/13, 7/20, 7/27, 8/3, 8/10, 8/17). The Monthly Semi-finalists winners will then compete in an audience vote in the Grand Final Tuesday, August 30 for a chance to win Sunrise Superstars. All audience voting will take place on KGW.com with an embedded Twitter Poll. A Twitter account in needed to be able to vote. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
KGW Producers will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: 50% creativity and originality of performance, 25% enthusiasm; 25% on-air presence. The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the best score. All entries not selected for that week’s head-to-head, will be rolled over to the next week for another opportunity to go head-to-head.
The grand finale will conclude one day after the end of the Contest Period and the contestant with the highest cumulative score KGW Producers and the most public votes in the weekend, month, and grand finale will be designated the Winner. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and KGW shall be final and binding in all respects. Judging will be completed on or before Tuesday, August 30.
5. Prizes and Odds. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a chance to perform on a KGW Sunrise show. Costs of meals, ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, transportation and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about Wednesday, Aug 31 at the telephone number, email address provided on winner’s entry form. KGW will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts, return of email notification as undeliverable, or failure of winner to respond to email notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable, or failure or recipient to respond, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. To claim prize, the winner must schedule a time with a KGW Producer and personally visit KGW’s offices at 1501 Jefferson St, Portland OR at the time mutual agreed upon by both parties and must present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and KGW reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and publicity release which must be returned as directed by KGW. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign any affidavit or release required by KGW. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of KGW.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KGW. KGW reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by KGW. KGW reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time, for any reason. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, KGW reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. KGW will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or KGW. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that in the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted, or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by KGW in its sole discretion.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to KGW an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by KGW as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that KGW may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of KGW.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The KGW Sunrise Superstars is sponsored by KGW. The decisions of KGW and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. KGW will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after September 26, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit [KGW.com] or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), KGW Sunrise Superstars, 1501 SW Jefferson Street Portland, OR 97201. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Jennifer Woodruff, jwoodruff@KGW.com, 1501 SW Jefferson Street Portland, OR 97201.