1. Agreement: These rules govern the "Toronto.com Taste of the Danforth Montego Bay Holiday 2019” contest (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Metroland Media Group Ltd. (“Sponsor"). The prize providers are GreekTown on the Danforth BIA; Taste of the Danforth; Visit Jamaica; Air Canada Vacations; and Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa (the “Prize Providers”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have attained the age of 19 at the start of the contest period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or Prize Providers or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, (including advertising or promotional agencies) or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. One entry per person per day
4. Contest: The Contest Period begins at 9:00 AM ET on August 9, 2019 and ends at 9:00 AM ET on August 23, 2019. To enter the Contest, go to toronto.com/TotDContest, read these Contest rules, and follow the on-screen instructions to fully complete and submit the Contest entry form. A valid e-mail address will be required. Each entrant may use only one email address to enter the Contest.
5. Winner Selection: The potential winner will be chosen by random draw from all eligible entries received, which will take place at the Sponsor’s office at 175 Gordon Baker Rd., Toronto on August 23, 2019 at approximately 10:00 AM ET. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor and must reply within 2 business days to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
6. Prizing:There is one (1) prize available to be won (“Prize”), consisting of round-trip economy airfare for two (2) people departing on the same flights, and same dates from the same major international Canadian airport, closest to the winner’s residence that offers Air Canada flights to Montego Bay, Jamaica (non-stop flights are not guaranteed), airport departure taxes, and a seven (7) night stay at the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa in Montego Bay, Jamaica (one standard room, double occupancy) including meals, snacks and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consumed at the hotel. Approximate retail value of the prize is $6,300.00 CDN.
Actual value of each prize will be dependent upon the point of departure, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated approximate value and final value of a Prize will not be awarded.
Trip must be completed by September 30, 2020 or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, and resort blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel blackout dates will apply during key holiday periods including, but not limited to: Christmas and New Year’s (December 16, 2019 to January 6, 2020) and the month of February (February 1, 2020 to February 28, 2020). Travel dates are subject to Prize Providers and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least eight (8) weeks prior to intended departure date. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation or any redemption. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, offsite meals, unspecified ground transportation including transportation to and from the airport and the resort , phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, excursions etc.) are included in the prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner and his/her travel guest are responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including but not limited to inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges.
If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize without a guest, the Prize will be awarded to the winner, and any remainder of the Prize not awarded will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Requests for substitutions and itinerary changes will not be considered. There is no refund or credit for unused portions of the Prize. This Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable, not for sale and has no cash surrender or redemption value. Sponsor and each Prize Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for any components of the Prize, without liability. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued, and stopovers are not permitted.
Prize winner and guest must possess a valid Canadian Passport and it must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended stay. Prize winner and guest must be at least 18 years old at time of travel. The Prize winner and guest must have the right to enter destination. A minimum of one person, either the Prize winner or guest must hold a valid credit card to cover any incidentals or any other requirement that may be required at the hotel upon check-in.
The Prize may not be used towards the Aeroplan mileage accumulation program, or any other frequent flyer program.
7. Prize Claim: The Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize and is not responsible for unclaimed prizes. Winner is to contact the GreekTown on the Danforth BIA (452 A Danforth Ave, Toronto ON M4K 1P4) at (416) 469-5634 to make the travel arrangements.
8. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the winner and his/her travel guest will be require to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor, Prize Providers and each of their related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the Prize, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and consenting to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, video, comments, and photographs, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, the Prize Providers, and/or each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by Sponsor within 2 business days of notification or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant. The winner and his/her guest may be required to sign additional releases upon request by the Sponsor or the Prize Providers.
9. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Prize Providers and any other prize supplier and each of the ir respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensses, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the "Released Parties") from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers' fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; or your violation of any term of these Contest Rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
11. Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
12. Prize Providers: The involvement of Prize Providers with this contest is limited to supplying the Prize. Prize Providers shall in no way be liable or responsible for the administration of this contest or the awarding of any prizes.
13. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor or Prize Providers reserve the right to substitute any prize or portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither the Sponsor nor any Prize Provider is liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
14. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property used in the Contest, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by or licensed to the Sponsor, its affiliates or the Prize Providers, as applicable. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of the applicable owner or licensee is strictly prohibited.