‘Tis The Season For Another AeroGarden Giveaway
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada
1. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: ‘Tis The Season For Another AeroGarden Giveaway
(the “Giveaway”) is sponsored by Scotts Canada Ltd., 202-6835 Century Ave, Mississauga, ON L5N 7K2 (“Sponsor”). The Contest commences at 10:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 15, 2023, and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 29, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Times.
2. RULES. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize (see rule 6), a person (“Entrant”) must, at the time of entry, be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry and at the time of Notification. The following individuals and members of any such person’s immediate family (including mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees, officers, directors, shareholders, owners, general and limited partners, agents, and representatives of each of: (i) Sponsor, (ii) each of its parents, affiliated companies, and subsidiaries, and (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively referred to as the (“Contest Parties”).
4. HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, an Entrant must fully complete and submit the entry form located at https://woobox.com/gkgjz2 (the “Contest Website”), including all of the required information to enter into the Contest.
To enter and win, an Entrant must have a valid email account at the time of entry and at the time of Notification. If an Entrant uses a mobile device to register, they may incur standard data charges from their wireless service provider. Entrants should check with their wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the entry will be considered submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest.
Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entrants using multiple identities, names and/or email addresses to enter the Contest may be disqualified. For purposes of this Contest, an Entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Contest Website's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or to have submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, postage due or incomplete entries, which will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned.
Up to twenty-five (25) bonus entries may be awarded to contest participants who refer their friends to the contest. Bonus entries are earned when a participant shares the contest via a unique URL that can be copied and pasted or shared via the share buttons which become available on the contest website after the participant has entered the contest. For every referral who enters the contest, the participant will receive one (1) bonus entry into the contest to a maximum of twenty-five (25) entries.
5. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Period begins 10:00:00 AM ET on November 15, 2023 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on November 29, 2023. Winner selection date will be November 30, 2023.
6. PRIZES: There will be one (1) Prize available to be won during the Contest Period. The prize will consist of one (1) AeroGarden Bounty Elite Stainless Steel with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit PLUS 3 more Seed Pod Kits (AeroGarden Red Heirloom Cherry Tomato Seed Pod Kit (6-Pod), AeroGarden Heirloom Salad Greens Seed Pod Kit (6-Pod), and AeroGarden Grow Anything Seed Pod Kit (6-Pod). The approximate suggested retail price (“MSRP”) is $529.97 (CDN).
In the event that a Prize winner does not claim or use any portion of a Prize, there will be no substitution or any kind of compensation provided. The prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale, and not convertible to cash.
7. WINNER SELECTION:
(i) WINNER SELECTION: The draw for the winner will take place at the office of Scotts Canada Ltd in Mississauga, ON at 12:00:00 PM ET on November 30, 2023. Selection will be decided by random draw from all eligible entries received.
8. NOTIFICATION. The potential Prize winner will be notified by email within one (1) business day after the Winner Selection Date (November 30, 2023). It is the Entrant’s responsibility to check their Email to ensure prompt reply to any Notification. If a selected Entrant (a) does not respond to the Notification within three (3) business days of the first Notification attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 9); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 9), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be selected until such time as contact is made by mail and/or telephone and/or email with a selected Entrant that satisfies the foregoing requirements or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Entrant.
9. To be declared a Prize winner, the selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. The Entrant will also be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of Notification a declaration, waiver, and release form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners, general and limited partners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion or component thereof; and (d) agrees, except where prohibited by law, to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice. The Prize will be transmitted to the winner’s address as it appears on his/her Release Form within thirty (30) days of receipt of his/her Release Form.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, the Entrant (i) confirm compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
11. GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims arising from, or caused by the use/misuse of an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any lost mail, delays in mail delivery, or failure of the Contest website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer and/or other device related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
12. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. ELIGIBILITY: The ‘Tis The Season For Another AeroGarden Giveaway is available to all provinces.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest.
15. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. The information you provided will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and prize fulfillment. Please note that a list of winners’ names will be made available via email upon request at email@example.com. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Scotts Canada, Ltd., please visit: http://en-ca.scotts.com/smg/gosite/Scotts-v2/privacy