HUNGRY FOR SPEED Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOUR ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME (“ET”) ON APRIL 8, 2021 AND ENDS 11:59 PM ET ON APRIL 21, 2021 (“SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”). VOID OUTSIDE PENNSYLVANIA, MARYLAND, WEST VIRGINIA, VIRGINIA, DELAWARE, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Hungry For Speed Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is Weis Markets, Inc. 1000 South Second Street PO Box 471 Sunbury, PA 17801 (“Weis Markets” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents, residing in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware, New York, and New Jersey, 18 years old or older as of the date of entry, with Internet access and a valid email address. None of the following are eligible for the Sweepstakes: employees; immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, or spouse) of employees; or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of employees of Sponsor or Sponsor’s parents, Dover International Speedway, Inc., Pocono International Raceway, Inc., Watkins Glen International, LLC, Pennsylvania Beef Council, Event Merchandising, Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, or promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”’).
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY. (A) To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, you must fill out all required fields on entry form on the website listed below; (B) The uploaded entry including all material and all rights embodied therein will become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor immediately upon submission; and (C) By submitting the entry, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the entry satisfies each of the foregoing requirements. Failure to satisfy any of these requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may render you and your entry ineligible. Sponsor may disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. You must complete and supply your full name, street address, city, state, zip code, and a valid email address on the “Hungry for Speed Sweepstakes” entry form available at https://weismarkets.com/sweepstakes-prizes. The Sweepstakes Period (defined above) begins at 10:00 AM ET on April 8, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 21, 2021. Sponsor’s database clock shall be the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/per valid email address.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner, ten (10) potential First Prize Winners, and twenty (20) potential Second Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about April 22, 2021 by Administrator whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding. No more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than the stated number of prizes if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per household.
6. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”). One (1) Grand Prize: Four (4) tickets to each of Sponsor-specified 2021 major motorsports race weekends, one (1) $300 Weis Markets Gift Card, and one (1) Race Swag Bag to be designated by Sponsor valued at $30. ARV of Grand Prize: $1,875. Ten (10) First Prizes: Two (2) tickets to a Sponsor-specified 2021 major motorsports race, one (1) $50 Weis Markets Gift Card, and one (1) Race Swag Bag to be designated by Sponsor valued at $15. ARV of each First Prize: $225. Twenty (20) Second Prizes: One (1) $25 Weis Markets Gift Card and one (1) Race Swag Bag to be designated by Sponsor valued at $15. ARV of each Second Prize: $40. Total combined ARV of all prizes: $4,925. The ARV of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any difference between stated ARV and the current fair market value of the prize at the time of prize award.
Prizes may NOT be redeemed for cash or substituted for other items except in Sponsor’s sole discretion in the event the prize (or any element of it) becomes unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be transferred. Any costs or expenses related to the acceptance or use of any prize which are not specified in the above prize descriptions in this Section 6, as well as any applicable Federal, State and local taxes, air and/or ground transportation, gasoline, tolls, parking, lodging (if required), meals and beverages, ticket upgrades, souvenirs, gratuities and incidental travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Each prize winner and such prize winner’s designated guest(s) must obey all local laws and regulations while attending prize events and act in a manner that is safe and respectful of the Sponsor. Tickets and gift cards are subject to terms and conditions stated on such tickets or gift cards and various additional material restrictions may apply and tickets must be used on date specified. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen, misplaced or unused tickets or gift cards. In the event, for whatever reason, a prize event is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the tickets to the cancelled or postponed prize event will not be provided and no compensation will be provided in lieu of the tickets.
7. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS. After the Administrator selects the prize winners, Sponsor/Administrator will attempt to notify each prize winner by email on or about April 22, 2021 using the email addresses that they provided with their entry. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required by Sponsor to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Prize Acceptance, Liability and where lawful a Publicity Release to Administrator within five (5) business days of notification. Each potential First and Second Prize Winner will be required by Sponsor to complete and return a Prize Verification, Liability and where lawful a Publicity Release to Administrator within five (5) business days of notification. If an potential prize winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of notification attempt, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any potential prize winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of any potential prize winner’s non-compliance with these Official Rules, then the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the “authorized subscriber” of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized subscriber” is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent telephone calls or emails made to entrants not by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each prize winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, city and state of residence, prize details, likeness and any video or photographs subsequently submitted by entrant or produced by Sponsor for the purposes of administering and publicizing the Sweepstakes and for other promotional purposes that benefit Sponsor, in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) including online and offline direct marketing, throughout the world in perpetuity for any lawful purpose without further permission, consideration or payment (except where prohibited by law). A potential prize winner will not be an official prize winner until he/she signs and returns his/her documents and his/her eligibility has been formally verified. Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes and will receive an IRS Form 1099MISC for the ARV of the prize.
8. CODE OF CONDUCT FOR GRAND AND FIRST PRIZE WINNERS. Prize winners and guests agree to abide by all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove from or deny attendance to the prize event, including any area of the prize event, to any prize winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the prize event. Admittance to prize events is subject to any and all advisories, restrictions or requirements instituted by the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, as required, which may include passing one (1) or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests and testing negative for COVID-19 and executing any assumption of risk or other documents relating to COVID-19.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Each entry is subject to verification by Sponsor. Entrants and other participants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participants must reside in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, New York, or New Jersey.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received for the Sweepstakes Period and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding any prizes or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. If the Sponsor determines that all or a portion of a prize is unavailable due to a force majeure event, then Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or portion thereof with one of equal or greater value, and no other additional compensation or substitution will be provided.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Neither Sponsor nor the Sweepstakes Parties (hereinafter, collectively the “Releasees”) shall be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or incomplete entries (or any components thereof). Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Sponsor, Releasees, an entrant, or any other person or by any computer, technical, or human error or malfunction that may occur in the processing or selection of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the notification of potential prize winners. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for any tampering or for any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and neither Sponsor nor any Releasee shall have responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Sweepstakes, or for any damage to an entrant’s or another’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent or apparent intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, embarrass, harm, or harass, in any way, any other person. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, business or market circumstances, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants or others, fraud, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. If any malfunction, error, disruption, damage, or other circumstance or event impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof by posting a notice at any time. If the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor may select prize winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By receipt of any prize, each prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and assumes the risk(s) of traveling to a city other than his/her own and a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of a winner and/or guest participating in the Sweepstakes and related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Each winner and his/her/their guest fully understands that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
13. ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Pennsylvania, USA.
14. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES. To receive the names of the prize winners (available after April 30, 2021), or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Hungry For Speed Sweepstakes, c/o Weis Markets, Inc., 1000 South Second Street PO Box 471, Sunbury, PA 17801. Please indicate “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on outer envelope. Your request must be sent so that it is received by April 30, 2021. Please do not send Sweepstakes entries to this address.
© Weis Markets. All Rights Reserved.