KTBS 3 Minute Smile - 2021
1. GENERAL INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the terrestrial geographic viewing area of KTBS 3 / KPXJ CW 21 who are between the ages of 7 - 11 as of October 1, 2021. Sweepstakes begins on October 1, 2021 and ends on November 18, 2021 at 11:59PM. All times in this contest refer to Central Time.
2. TO ENTER: To enter have a parent or legal guardian fill out the form on ktbs.com listing your name, age, address, daytime phone number [email address], and alternate phone number. You may choose to enter by mailing your name, address, phone number, e-mail address (if any), and age handwritten on a 3" x 5" piece of paper in an envelope to: THE 3 MINUTE SMILE, 312 E. KINGS HIGHWAY, SHREVEPORT, LA 71104. Limit one (1) Entry per person/household/per email address for the contest period. Multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of KTBS, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must be received before 5:00PM CT on October 24, 2021 for run 1, October 31, 2021 for run 2, November 3 , 2021 for run 3, November 7, 2021 for run 4, November 10, 2021 for run 5, and November 14, 2021 for run 6, and November 12, 2021 for run 7 to be eligible for the weekly drawing. To be eligible for the drawing, you must follow the above instructions. The 3 Minute Smile will be a October, November, and December 2021 contest in which seven (7) viewers will be selected at random from all entries received prior to the deadline. There will be seven (7) winners. The winner will run on a Monday or Thursday in October.
3. PRIZE: There will be seven (7) winners, all children must be between the ages of 7- 11, by October 1, 2021. The seven (7) winners selected will be allowed to collect as many toys, games, or other items available within the toy section of a local retail store that he or she can individually collect within a period of three minutes (also referred to as The Event). Only one item per category, for instance, only 1 (one) bicycle, and 1 (one) motorized vehicle, or 1 (one) Lego robot, etc. Further, the youth winner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the event, but the parent cannot run with the child. The winner may use any conveyance normally available in the retail establishment for the transport of items to be purchased. No conveyance other than one provided by the retail establishment may be used by the winner. THE WINNER MAY NOT BE ASSISTED BY ANY OTHER PERSON, WHETHER YOUTH OR ADULT. THE WINNER MAY NOT PICK THE TOYS OFF THE SHELVES PRIOR TO THE 3-MINUTE RUN. If the winner is physically unable to participate, he or she may appoint a person of the same age to participate on his or her behalf. For this option to be operative, the child must provide an excuse from a licensed medical doctor stating the reason for the child’s inability to participate prior to the event. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is dependent on the actual amount of merchandise the winner is able to collect during the event. Sponsor reserves the right to limit the area within which the collection of merchandise is collected at its sole discretion. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes cannot be transferred by Winners or redeemed for cash except as detailed above, with no substitution of prize by Winner. Limit one prize per family or household. This contest may be terminated at any time prior to the awarding of the prizes at the discretion of KTBS, Inc. and/or the sponsors.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER AND ELIGIBILITY: Seven (7) contest winners will be selected in a random drawing by computer from all correct eligible entries. The winners will be notified by phone or at the email address provided by winner. The youth winner will be selected in a random drawing by computer owned by KTBS, Inc. from all eligible Entries on October 25, 2021, October 28, 2021, November 1, 2021, November 4, November 8, 2021, November 11, 2021, and November 15, 2021, 2021. The 3-Minute Smile Run itself will be held on October 28, November 1, November 4, November 8, November 11, November 15, and November 18, 2021. Open only to legal residents of the terrestrial geographic viewing area of KTBS 3 who have attained the ages stipulated above on the dates stipulated. Employees of KTBS, Inc., the sponsors, and their immediate families are not eligible.
5. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Sweepstakes itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 14 days of notification. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Employees of KTBS 3, KPXJ CW 21 and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release KTBS 3 / KPXJ CW 21, their respective officers, directors, and employees, from any such liability. Sponsor(s) and its respective officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates assume(s) no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged, or postage due. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. Entrants using electronic entry must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry.
6. ADDITIONAL RULES: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. This sweepstakes is sponsored by KTBS 3, Inc. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this sweepstakes or permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules. Youth winner must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian to participate in the event.
7. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the names of the winners, available after November 22, 2021, visit www.ktbs.com, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 30, 2021 to: KTBS, 312 E. KINGS HIGHWAY, SHREVEPORT, LA 71104.