Indoor Garden to Table Giveaway Contest
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: Indoor Garden to Table Giveaway Contest
Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Scotts Canada Ltd., 2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300, Mississauga, ON L5N 1V8 (“Sponsor”). The Contest commences at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 15, 2023, and will end at 4:59:59 PM ET on March 19, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Times.
2. RULES. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize (see rule 6), a person (“Entrant”) must, at the time of entry, be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry and at the time of Notification. The following individuals and members of any such person’s immediate family (including mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees, officers, directors, shareholders, owners, general and limited partners, agents, and representatives of each of: (i) Sponsor, (ii) each of its parents, affiliated companies, and subsidiaries, and (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively referred to as the (“Contest Parties”).
4. HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, an Entrant must fully complete and submit the entry form located at https://woobox.com/ijjmkv (the “Contest Website”) to enter to win.
To enter and win, an Entrant must have a valid email account at the time of entry and at the time of Notification. If an Entrant uses a mobile device to register, they may incur standard data charges from their wireless service provider. Entrants should check with their wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the entry will be considered submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest.
Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entrants using multiple identities, names and/or email addresses to enter the Contest may be disqualified. For purposes of this Contest, an Entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Contest. The Contest Website's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or to have submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, postage due or incomplete entries, which will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned.
Up to twenty-five (25) bonus entries may be awarded to contest participants who refer their friends to the contest. Bonus entries are earned when a participant shares the contest via a unique URL that can be copied and pasted or shared via the share buttons which become available on the contest website after the participant has entered the contest. For every referral who enters the contest, the participant will receive one (1) bonus entry into the contest to a maximum of twenty-five (25) entries.
5. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Period is Wednesday, March 15, 2023 to Sunday, March 19, 2023.
6. PRIZES: There will be four (4) Prizes (each referred to as a “Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period. List of items in each prize are as follows: one (1) Aerogarden Harvest with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit, one (1) Root Farm LED Grow Light and Root Farm Seed Starting Kit, (2) two Miracle-Gro Product Prize Packs consisting of Miracle-Gro Seed Starting Potting Mix 8.8L bag, Seed Trays and a selection of Vegetable/Herb Seeds. Limit of one Prize per person. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is as follows: Aerogarden Harvest $137.99 (CDN), Root Farm LED Grow Light $169.99 and Root Farm Seed Starting Kit $24.99 (CDN), Miracle-Gro Product Prize Packs with Seed Tray and Seeds approx. $25.00 (CDN) each . A total of four (4) Prizes will be awarded during the Contest Period for a total ARV of three hundred and sixty dollars $360.00 (CDN)
In the event that a Prize winner does not claim or use any portion of a Prize, there will be no substitution or any kind of compensation provided. Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale, and not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or a component of a Prize of equal or greater value, without liability. The approximate retail value of prizes is based on information available 30 days prior to the start of the Contest.
7. WINNER SELECTION:
(i) WINNER SELECTION: The winner selection will take place at the office of Scotts Canada Ltd in Mississauga, ON at 12:00:00 PM ET on Monday March 20, 2023.
8. NOTIFICATION. The potential Prize winners will be notified by email within one (1) business day after the Draw Winner Selection Date on which their entry is selected, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to check their Email to ensure prompt reply to any Notification. If a selected Entrant (a) does not respond to the Notification within three (3) business days of the first Notification attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 9); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 9), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be selected until such time as contact is made by mail and/or telephone and/or email with a selected Entrant that satisfies the foregoing requirements or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Scotts Canada Ltd. will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Entrant.
9. To be declared a Prize winner, each selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. Each selected Entrant will also be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of Notification a declaration, waiver, and release form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, owners, general and limited partners, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the selected Entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion or component thereof; and (d) agrees, except where prohibited by law, to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, comments answering the question “How does a freshly mowed lawn make you feel”, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor worldwide, in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. The Prize will be transmitted to the winner’s address as it appears on his/her Release Form within thirty (30) days of receipt of his/her Release Form.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) confirm compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
11. GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims arising from, or caused by the use/misuse of an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any lost mail, delays in mail delivery, or failure of the Contest website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer and/or other device related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
12. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. ELIGIBILITY: Indoor Garden to Table Giveaway Contest is open to all provinces of Canada, excluding Quebec.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, subject, where necessary. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, Scotts Canada Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the Contest.
15. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. The information you provided will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and prize fulfillment. Please note that a list of winners’ names will be made available (see rule 17). For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Scotts Canada, Ltd., please visit: http://en-ca.scotts.com/smg/gosite/Scotts-v2/privacy