The #BeKind Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE, APPLICATION, OR USE OF SPONSOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry. Each entrant by participating in the Sweepstakes agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will take place between 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on December 31, 2018, and 11:59:59 PM CT on March 31, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be divided into thirteen (13) separate entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”) as set forth below:
|Entry Period||Start Date at 12:00 AM CT||End Date at 11:59:59 AM CT|
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, individuals must like or follow First National Bank of Omaha on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and share your #BeKind nomination for a student or teacher via social media post or comment on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtags #BeKind and #KindnessisFree as specified on the Sweepstakes message displayed on the First National Bank of Omaha’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/fnbomaha), Twitter page (https://www.twitter.com/fnbomaha), or Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/firstnationalbank or @firstnationalbank). You may share as many nominations as you want, but only one (1) per social platform will qualify you for the Sweepstakes. Your submission in one entry period will carry over to subsequent entry periods for prize consideration. The person entering the Sweepstakes must be the authorized holder of the associated Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account, otherwise, the entry may be deemed void. In the event of a discrepancy in the identity of the potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of said Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account.
4. DRAWING: The potential winner for each Entry Period will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted on or about 12:00 p.m. CT on the last day of each Entry Period. For example, Entry Period 1 ends on 9/2/18, so the winning photo will be selected and shared on 9/2/18 at or about 12:00 p.m. CT.
The drawing will be done under the direction of Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZES: Nine (() prize[s] will be awarded, each consisting of a #BeKind t-shirt, First National Bank of Omaha popsocket, lunch bag, or Camelbak. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes: $4.95 to $15.30. Total ARV of all prizes: $44.55 to $137.70. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, beverages, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on the prize. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner[s] will be notified via the First National Bank of Omaha Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fnbomaha, the First National Bank of Omaha Instagram page at https://instagram.com/firstnationalbank, and the First National Bank of Omaha Twitter page at https://twitter.com/fnbomaha, through a post to the page approximately one (1) hour after being selected. If the prize notification is undeliverable, the winner does not reply to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours after receipt of notification of his/her name being drawn as the potential winner, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If a winner cannot be confirmed and verified forty-eight (48) hours after announcing the alternate winner, the prize will not be awarded. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their name, city and state and photograph/likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants, or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of the prizes that may be awarded. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Nebraska. Releasees are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, the Official Rules, or in any Sweepstakes related advertising or materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error. If in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, at its exclusive discretion reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Winners are limited to one (1) prize from the Sponsor within any three hundred sixty-five day period. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants, or if a minor, their parents or legal guardians agrees that: a) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
9. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information collected from entrants will be maintained by Sponsor in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules and regulations. Sponsor will collect information from entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes. Also, due to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram privacy settings, if an entrant’s privacy settings prevent Sponsor from seeing entrant’s post on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, entrant will not be entered into the Sweepstakes.
10. WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners (available on or about the last day of the Entry Period, for each Entry Period), go to https://www.facebook.com/fnbomaha.
11. NO AFFILIATION WITH FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM: The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
12. SPONSOR: First National Bank of Omaha, 1620 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68197.