BASS PRO SHOPS AND CABELA’S CANADA ULTIMATE PURSUIT SWEEPSTAKES CONTEST 2021
Prize #1 (“Weekly Prize 1”): 08/27/2021 draw date
Approximate retail value: $2,130 CAD
Prize #2 (“Weekly Prize 2”): 09/03/2021 draw date
Approximate retail value: $1,809 CAD
Prize #3 (“Weekly Prize 3”): 09/10/2021 draw date
Approximate retail value: $2,297 CAD
Prize #4 (“Weekly Prize 4”): 09/17/2021 draw date
Approximate retail value: $2,032 CAD
Prize #5 (“Weekly Prize 5”): 09/24/2021 draw date
Approximate retail value: $2,282 CAD
Prize #6 (Grand Prize): draw by 10/04/2021
Approximate retail value: $40,764 CAD
Official Contest Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Not open to residents of Quebec. In order to be eligible to enter into the Contest, an entrant must be a legal resident of Canada, who is at least the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry. The entrant must have the physical fitness required to participate in a backwoods hunt.
3. Employees, representatives and agents of Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Canada and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Contest as well as the immediate family members of the aforementioned persons (parents, children, siblings and/or spouse, regardless of where they live) and anyone with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate in this Contest. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY CANADIAN LAWS.
4. CONTEST PERIODS:
Weekly Prize #1 Contest period: This Contest will begin at noon, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight Central Time on August 27, 2021 (the “Prize #1 Contest Period”).
Weekly Prize #2 Contest period: This Contest will begin at noon, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight Central Time on September 3, 2021 (the “Prize #2 Contest Period”).
Weekly Prize #3 Contest period: This Contest will begin at noon, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight Central Time on September 10, 2021 (the “Prize #3 Contest Period”).
Weekly Prize #4 Contest period: This Contest will begin at noon, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight Central Time on September 17, 2021 (the “Prize #4 Contest Period”).
Weekly Prize #5 Contest period: This Contest will begin at noon, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight Central Time on September 22, 2021 (the “Prize #4 Contest Period”).
Grand Prize Contest period: This Contest will begin at midnight, Central Time on August 19, 2021 and end at midnight, Central Time on September 22, 2021 (the “Grand Prize Contest Period”).
5. ENTRY METHODS:
One (1) entry is permitted per person.
To enter go online to www.cabelas.ca/theultimatepursuit or www.basspro.ca/theultimatepursuit and completely fill out the online entry form by providing email address and postal code during the Contest Period.
6. PRIZES: Up to six (6) winners will be awarded in total. One (1) for each contest period. Prizes are non- transferable and non-assignable. No cash alternative nor substitute Grand Prize will be offered however Sponsor reserves the right, as its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available. EACH PRIZE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ONLY TO THE IDENTIFIED WINNER.
If an entrant wins one of the five (5) weekly prizes, they are also eligible to win the one (1) grand prize.
If an entrant wins one of the five (5) weekly prizes, they are not eligible to win another weekly prize during the Contest period.
Prize #1 (“Weekly Prize 1”): 08/27/2021 draw date – ONE WINNER
Approximate retail value of Weekly Prize 1: $2,130 CAD
Prize #2 (“Weekly Prize 2”): 09/03/2021 draw date – ONE WINNER
Approximate retail value of Weekly Prize 2: $1,809 CAD
Prize #3 (“Weekly Prize 3”): 09/10/2021 draw date – ONE WINNER
Approximate retail value of Weekly Prize 3: $2,297 CAD
Prize #4 (“Weekly Prize 4”): 09/17/2021 draw date – ONE WINNER
Approximate retail value of Weekly Prize 4: $2,032 CAD
Prize #5 (“Weekly Prize 5”): 09/24/2021 draw date– ONE WINNER
Approximate retail value of Weekly Prize 5: $2,282 CAD
Prize #6 (Grand Prize): draw by 10/04/2021– ONE WINNER
Total ARV for the Grand Prize is $40,764 CAD
Any difference between the stated value and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Except for the cost of the prize, expenses and costs or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner. Insurance, gratuities and other expenses not listed are the responsibility of the winner, including meat butchering, taxidermy, shipping of meat and trophies, alcoholic beverages, all travel (other than airfare to Cranbrook), luggage, accommodation, and meals prior to Day One of hunt and after arriving in Cranbrook/Kimberley on the last day of hunt. The winner may have the option of adding any species to their hunt if the opportunity presents itself, however this cost would be up to the hunter to pay directly to the outfitter upon successful harvest. Any required hunting gear outside of what is given in the prize pack will be at the cost of the winner. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash redemption will be made, except in case of the unavailability of the prize or a prize component, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. If a winner cannot accept the prize as stated, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award such prize to an alternate winner or not to award the unclaimed prize. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the prize winner or potential prize winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prize as described herein. The winner and their guest must sign a liability waiver with Grizzly Basin Outfitters.
The Trip package includes roundtrip coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Cranbrook, BC; and a shuttle service to the hunt destination. The winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time and from the same city. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If the winner lives within two hours of the trip destination (as determined by Sponsor), the winner will receive local transportation between winner’s home and the available hotel accommodations in lieu of any air transportation. The winner must be available to travel on dates and times as specified by Sponsor. Sponsor will determine the airline carrier and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winner must possess all required, valid travel documents in order to travel. Failure to meet these requirements will result in forfeiture of the trip portion of the prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items. In the event the winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, unsafe or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the winner home with no further compensation.
All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically listed above as being provided, including, without limitation, additional ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, any equipment to be used in connection with the prize are solely prize winner’s responsibility. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant if, in their sole discretion, such participant is not in
alignment with Sponsor’s values or if awarding a prize to the participant could result in public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or could reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. Additionally, in such case, if the Sponsor has already delivered the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to require the participant to return the prize and award the prize to an alternate winner based on the criteria in paragraph 5 above.
The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. No cash alternative nor substitute to the Prize will be offered, however, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available. EACH PRIZE WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ONLY TO THE IDENTIFIED WINNER.
7. CLAIMING PRIZES:
An entry will be selected by random drawing taking place at 25 De Baets St, Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5 on each of the following dates, for each of the following prize packages
The winner does not need to be present to win. The potential winner will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Sponsor, using the contact information provided on the entry. If potential winner does not respond to notification by Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours of its transmission, or should an email notice, after up to two (2) attempts, be returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. Each of the potential winners must sign and return to Sponsor a Declaration and Release provided by Sponsor (where permitted by law) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration and Release such potential winner forfeits prize. Each potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. The odds of winning the prize depend upon the actual number of eligible entries received.
The winner and their guest must possess and provide proof of a valid Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) or Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC), and have completed a hunter’s education training course in their home province. Trip must be booked and all courses completed prior to June 1, 2022 or the hunting trip and two (2) firearms outlined in the prize will be forfeited.
8. SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: The selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, unaided (by electronic or mechanical device or otherwise) prior to being awarded the prize.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, the winner agrees that Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Canada and/or its agents may use the winner’s name, picture/portrait, likeness and voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, notification or permission.
10. GENERAL RULES OF PARTICIPATION: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to challenge the decision of the Sponsor regarding any claim of ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, whose decision shall be binding. To the extent permitted by law, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Canada and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”), shall not be liable for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost entries; and/or any delays or disruptions beyond their reasonable control. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor. If for any reason this Contest is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON FROM THE CONTEST AND FROM ANY FUTURE CONTESTS FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THESE.
RULES OR ACTIONS IMPACTING THE INTEGRITY OR FAIRNESS OF THIS OR OTHER CONTESTS CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR.
11. SPONSOR: The Ultimate Pursuit Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Canada, 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5 (“Sponsor”).
12. DISCLAIMER: Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, their participation in the Contest and their acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to release, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any liability arising, directly or indirectly, in connection with the Contest and/or use or misuse of the prize or elements thereof.
14. WINNER LIST: The name of the winner of this Contest will be made available upon written request by mailing a self-addressed and stamped request to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Canada, Attn: The Ultimate Pursuit Sweepstakes Winner List, 25 De Baets St., Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G5 to be received no later than October 31, 2021.
15. Sponsor reminds you that use of firearms must be done responsibly, in respect of all applicable laws and regulations.
MTL01: 2962420: v2
CABELA’S LEGAL DEPT.
LEGAL # C.2016.08589