Jackson Kayak – David and Goliath Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Jackson Kayak David and Goliath Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Jackson Kayak and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Jackson Kayak, 325 Iris Dr., Sparta, TN 38583.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 20, 2013 at 6 a.m. PST, and ends on December 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the "Promotion Period"). Jackson Kayak’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, you can enter through the Jackson Kayak Sweeps tab on the Jackson Kayak Facebook page (www.facebook.com/JacksonKayak). If you don’t already "like" the Jackson Kayak page, you must first click on the "like" button in order to access the tab. Follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid email address. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, Facebook accounts, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Earn Additional Entries: After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to share the fact that you participated with friends on Facebook or Twitter ("Friends"). The message will include a unique link. For each Friend that uses your unique link to enter the Sweepstakes, you will receive an additional three (5) entries into Sweepstakes.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around September 16th, 2013. The potential winner will be notified by email. Except where prohibited, the potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Sponsor, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Software and check will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZE: There will be two grand prize packages randomly drawn. The first package will include: A Jackson Kayak Big Rig, a package of RAM mounts (X-Grip: RAP-B-138-UN7 + RAP-B-383U Here we are including a 1” quick release track adapter as a mounting base option. This allows user the ability mount X-Grip (or any 1” mount) to the track system. Aqua Box: RAP-B-378-AQ7-2 RAM Tube Jr: RAP-390-RB-NBU + RAP-383U here we are including a 1.5” quick release track adapter as a mounting base option. Camera Mount: RAP-B-200-1-114P-18U+ RAP-AAPU + RAP-B-366U + RAP-B-202-GOP1 here we are including options for both GoPro and cameras with 1Ž4” 20 thread.) A Power Pole Micro Anchor, and a Dragonfly System. Approximate retail value is $4,125.
The second grand prize, chosen at random and selected second will include: A Cruise 10 Angler, and a package of RAM mounts (X-Grip: RAP-B-379U-252050 + RAP-B-201U + RAM-HOL-UN7BU, Aqua Box: RAP-B-378-AQ7-2 , Camera Mount: RAM-B-166-GOP1 + RAP-B-366U here we are including options for both GoPro and cameras with 1Ž4 20 thread.)
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Jackson Kayak, Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: The laws of the State of Tennessee govern this Sweepstakes without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in Sparta TN, pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Entrants hereby irrevocably waive any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes. Entrants further waive any objection to venue in Sparta TN, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non conveniens, or the like. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules at any time.
14. Winner List: List of winner(s) will be published on the Sponsor’s website at www.jacksonkayak.com for a month following the end of the Entry Period and will be available by written request to Sponsor (at address listed above) after that period of time.
15. Alternative Entry: To enter without creating or accessing the Internet, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and age on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it with proper postage to Jackson Kayak, 325 Iris Dr., Sparta, TN 38583. Upon receipt, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 12, 2013, and received by December,16 2013. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.