OFFICIAL RULES: UNION STATION THROUGH YOUR LENS PHOTO CONTEST
Participate in the “Los Angeles Union Station Through Your Lens Photo Contest” to encourage all participants to share their best photo highlighting the beauty of Union Station captured via digital photography.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (“Sponsor”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Online - The method to enter will be available by visiting our website https://www.unionstationla.com/happenings and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information and submit via Woobox.com. Multiple entries are allowed. See Exhibit A for entry field information.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES / ELIGIBILITY: Los Angeles Union Station Through Your Lens Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open to participants who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Digital photo submissions must be of the interior or exterior of Los Angeles Union Station. Employees of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Morlin Asset Management, LP and any other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, contractors and consultants as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts on October 26, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends November 22, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”). Photos must be submitted during the Contest Period. Winners will be announced on November 23, 2020. Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will not be considered. Submissions will be accepted during the Contest Period using specified methods of entry as noted in the How to Enter: Online section above. See Exhibit A for entry field information.
- PRIZE: On or about November 23, 2020, the Sponsor will identify potential winners based on the results of online public voting where the public votes for their personal favorite photo. Submission with the most votes will be the first place winner, submissions with the second most votes will be the second place winner, submissions with the third most votes will be the third place winner. Sponsor will notify the winner via email on or about November 23, 2020. If the winners do not respond within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact them, the Sponsor may select alternate winners based on existing online public voting results.
- WINNER SELECTION: Within 2 business days of when the Contest Period has closed, a link to submissions will be posted for 14 days on Union Station social media channels for the public to vote for their favorite photo submissions. The winning photos will be shared on the Union Station website (unionstationla.com) and Union Station social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified by email. If a potential winner does not respond within 5 days, that potential winner forfeits the prize. Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner based on the number of votes. Prizes will be fulfilled within 8 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period. If possible, a photo opportunity with the winner(s) will be held in person at Los Angeles Union Station (with proper COVID protocols in place). If not possible, prizes will be awarded via U.S. mail.
- ENTRANT: Individual who participates in the Contest or submits an entry (“Entrant”)
By submitting an entry for this Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- LICENSE: Entrant will retain copyright of their photo. However, by submitting an entry for this Contest, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license of the photo to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate, in part or in whole, in all media or platforms whether now known or hereinafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in Entrant’s photo with respect to any use by Sponsor or its sublicensees or assignees. Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use Entrant’s photo in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, publicity, promotional , and/or any other purpose as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further notification, opportunity to review, consideration, authorization, or compensation to Entrant or any third party.
- Entrant further grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission for Sponsor to use, publish, post or display Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, any quotes attributable to him or her, any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Entrant’s photo shall not:
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, or abuse, etc.) discriminatory (based on race, sex/gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, gender identity/expression, medical condition, or age), offensive, profane, threatening, harassing, or in any way violates Sponsor’s Advertising Policy.
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media, including but not limited to music, films, books, television programing, videos, etc. or any identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates, privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Entrant’s photo must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Any included music must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities, relatives, and friends, who have not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in Entrant’s photo or otherwise use such image, likeness, or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant represents and warrants the following:
- The Entrant’s photo is Entrant’s original work.
- Entrant has not granted anyone else any rights to use, distribute, publish, broadcast, or display the Entrant’s photo.
- Entrant’s photo does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local law or ordinances.
- Entrant has secured all requisite consent form any third party referenced or appearing in the Entrant’s photo. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in the Entrant’s photo, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the photo and the public display of the photo.
- Entrant has read the Official Rules and fully understands the Official Rules
- Entrant, if selected the winner, shall receive the below prizes (the “Prizes”). Further, Entrant waives any right to royalties for use of Entrant’s photo and also waives the right to inspect and review Sponsor’s use of the Entrant’s photo.
Prizes (one each): 1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrant waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and release, discharge, hold harmless, indemnify and defend (by counsel satisfactory to Sponsor) the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, and their respective directors, officials, officers, commissioners, employees, agents, successors and assigns and each of them from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), costs and expenses (including without limitation, any fines, penalties, judgments, litigation expenses, and experts' and attorneys' fees) with respect to or arising out of any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest as well as Sponsor’s use of Entrant’s photo. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry/photo that it believes violates any of the Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest.
- Entrant agrees that by entering the contest, Sponsor may post Entrant’s photo on the Internet and allow the public to comment on Entrant’s photo.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest, including but not limited to extending or terminating the Contest, without prior notification. Sponsor also reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND (BY COUNSEL SATISFACTORY TO SPONSOR) AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICIALS, OFFICERS, COMMISSIONERS. EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSESES (INCLUDING ANY FINES PENALTIES, JUDGMENTS, LITIGATION EXPENSE, AND EXPERT’S AND ATTORNEY’S FEES) WITH RESPECT TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST.
Further, by entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR." The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, and/or lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on computer networks, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any material for the Contest, or other telecommunications malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will Sponsor be responsible or otherwise liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages related to the Contest.
DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Los Angeles, California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, and in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250); and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (iv) this Contest and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
DOWNLOAD FULL RULES AND SEE EXHIBIT A HERE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7VRiVE7waFgzrM9_im_xunF_NjttnGFkiWdwNnJ1B8/edit?usp=sharing