1. Description of the Contest: During the global pandemic these past few months, the community has relied on each other to stay safe. However, healthcare professionals and first responders have been treating individuals with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 regardless of the risk to their personal health. Accordingly, the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority (the “Port Authority”) is seeking nominations for healthcare professionals and first responders who have selflessly demonstrated that willingness to provide care and treatment in a COVID-19 environment to receive two roundtrip airline ticket vouchers out of Toledo Express Airport (TOL). At least five (5) healthcare professionals and/or first responders will be selected by a committee to travel through TOL with a companion to any destination in the Continental United States on a nonstop or connecting flight on American Airlines or to any of the three destinations in Florida available on Allegiant.
HOW TO ENTER: Nominators will be invited to nominate a healthcare professional or first responder who works in Northwest Ohio. Nominators can only nominate one person and cannot nominate themselves. Nominators must be at least 18 years old and will be required to submit a 300-word maximum story that describes how the healthcare professional or first responder they nominate has provided care and treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic.. Nominators will submit their nominations by visiting toledoexpress.com/contests beginning Tuesday, June 9, 2020, through Sunday, June 21, 2020. Nominees must be 21 or older to win. Winners will be announced during the month of July. Winners are required to participate in a 1-minute video announcement, which will be shared on Toledo Express Airports website, social media, and in an e-newsletter. Winners will be notified via email and will have three (3) days from when they are notified to respond to the Port Authority to accept the prize. Winners must sign an acceptance form and agree to the rules and regulations of this Contest in order to receive the prize.
2. Prize: Each winner will receive two (2) roundtrip, economy-class airline ticket vouchers through Toledo Express Airport (TOL) to the winner’s choice of any destination in the Continental U.S. available via a connection through Charlotte Douglas International Airport or Chicago O’Hare International Airport on American Airlines, or to Orlando Sanford, Florida; Ft. Myers-Punta Gorda, Florida; or St. Pete-Clearwater, Florida, on Allegiant Airlines (combined value of both tickets not to exceed $900). The winner will provide three preferred travel dates through February 28, 2021. Preferred dates must be sent to email@example.com and booked by September 30, 2020. A 14-day advance booking is recommended. The dates will be booked by Port Authority staff based on availability. The winner will be required to sign legal documentation before the travel can be scheduled. The Port Authority retains the right in its sole discretion to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of travel dates for any reason. The winner will be responsible for the payment of any taxes that apply to the ticket voucher as well as any incidentals or expenses. There is no cash alternative and the prize must be taken as offered. Furthermore, the Port Authority is not responsible for cancellations or delays in travel accommodations and has no obligation to reimburse, refund or otherwise substitute any tickets due to such cancellations or delays. The airline voucher is nontransferable and must be used by the winner. Combined total value of vouchers not to exceed $900. The winners will be issued a tax form 1099 for any prize that exceeds $599 in value.
3. The winners must agree to cooperate with the Port Authority based on these Official Rules in order to successfully use the vouchers. The winners must be 21 or older to win. No substitution of the vouchers is permitted. Air travel vouchers are for air travel only. Air travel vouchers are a cash alternative to use on airline tickets, and does not include assigned seats, checked baggage, hotel, car rental, insurance, applicable taxes, travel documents, or any other expenses and incidentals not expressly included in the description and such items are the responsibility of the winners.
5. All participants must agree to these Official Rules in order to enter this Contest. Entering this Contest constitutes agreement to the Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to comply with and be bound by the Contest results, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. By participating in the Contest, the winners authorize the Port Authority to use the winner’s name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and any medium, including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers, television, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage which the Port Authority may deem appropriate without compensation to the winners. The winners must also agree to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest.
7. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and associated taxes applicable to the prizes won.
8. The Port Authority reserves the right to change or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice.
9. The Contest submissions will become the property of the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority upon receipt and will not be returned.
10. The Port Authority is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. The Port Authority is not responsible for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. The Port Authority is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Contest materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Port Authority reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
11. The winners will be required to schedule a day and time to pick up their itinerary from the Port Authority downtown office located at One Maritime Plaza, Toledo, OH.
12. By participating in this Contest, the participant fully releases and discharges the Port Authority, City of Toledo, American Airlines, Allegiant, Creadio, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys' fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to his/her participation in the Contest and/or use of the Prize, including, but not limited to, any delays or cancellations in air travel.