Whole Heart & Home “Visa Gift Card Contest” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open only to legal residents of the United States of America and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize: sponsor’s employees, contractors, directors, officers and representatives of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing/promotion agencies, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such individual are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Void where prohibited by law.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: November 1, 2020 at or after 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) – February 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
3. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. For greater certainty, if an individual has more than one email address, that person may only have one entry for one of their email addresses and may not enter again using another email address. If two or more individuals share an email address, only one individual may enter using that email address. Use of any device or artifice to violate the preceding entry limit will result in voiding of all but the initial entry. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to void all entries and disqualify entrant altogether if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that entrant has engaged in blatant, egregious, or repeated violations of the entry limit. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of the Contest.
Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, corrupted, incomplete, inaccessible, damaged, or misdirected entries or for unrecorded or improperly recorded Entries, all of which are void. Sponsor and its agencies also assume no responsibility for (a) any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the Contest Website or any entries, including filtering or other operation of a social media platform; and (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, programming, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s computer or mobile device (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any website or participating in the Contest.
Any dispute as to identity of entrant will be resolved by Sponsor based on its determination in its sole discretion of who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry. The “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. Sponsor will acknowledge receipt of entry; but, such acknowledgment merely indicates that entry has been received and does not constitute any representation that the entry is eligible or that the person submitting same has been selected as a potential prize winner in the Contest.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS/DETERMINATION OF POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS: On March 1, 2020 at Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor will notify selected entrants via email. To become a potential prize winner, selected entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question within an indicated time period; if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the selected entrant has not correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question or if selected entrant cannot be contacted by Sponsor despite commercially reasonable efforts to do so, such selected entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Potential prize winners will be required to complete, sign, and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where lawful) within five (5) days of notification. Failure to do so within the applicable time period will result in the disqualification of such potential prize winner. If the potential prize winner is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible or not in full compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited without compensation and an alternate entrant will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received (and such selected entrant must correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, as set forth above, in order to become a potential prize winner).
5. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) GRAND PRIZE: one (1) $500 Visa Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize = $500.00 USD. Should actual value of Grand Prize be less than stated Approximate Retail Value, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES = USD $500.00.
Limit of one (1) prize of any kind per family/address/household. Prize must be accepted “AS IS” and does not come with any warranty or guarantee of any kind. Prizes will only be shipped to a street address in the United States of America. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute advertised prize if it is unavailable for any reason, for a prize of comparable value. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual prize may differ from depiction of same in Contest advertising, and Sponsor and its agencies disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Any unspecified expenses or costs associated with prize acceptance and use are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By accepting prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image, photo, likeness, and other indicia of persona for advertising/trade/publicity purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. The preceding includes but is not limited to Sponsor’s possible use of photos of prize winner and the prize (as applicable) awarded to him/her as a prize on Sponsor’s website, social media accounts and/or otherwise. By participating, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, from any and all liability arising from participating in the Contest or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of any prize. If the Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g., computer virus, act of fraud, natural disaster, civil commotion, riot, strike, or governmental action), Sponsor may cancel/suspend/modify the Contest and randomly select entrants (who may, in turn, become potential prize winners, as set forth in Rule 4 above) from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules; notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at the Contest Website. Tampering with the Contest or acting in violation of these Official Rules will result in disqualification; but, disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Rules in a given instance is NOT a waiver of such provision. If an individual’s entry is corrupted, damaged, or destroyed due to error or for any other reason, such individual’s recovery is limited to issuance of a replacement entry, time permitting and if otherwise feasible; if time does not permit or not otherwise feasible, Sponsor and its agencies shall have no liability in conjunction with same. Any dispute or claim regarding the Contest will be resolved pursuant to laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada without regard to conflicts of law principles (of Ontario or of any other jurisdiction). All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the Province of Ontario and, in doing so, waive any right of inconvenient forum, forum non conveniens or the like.
In all cases, entrants further agree that their recovery in any such action shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs of entering the Contest (if any), with any and all other damages (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees) being expressly waived. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
7. Winners List: For the names of the winners (first name, last initial, city/state/territory), available until March 25, 2020, mail a standard-size postcard, only, with your name and address to: Whole Heart & Home “Visa Gift Card Contest” Winners List, 6069 Ernest Cres, Niagara Falls, ON L2H 0H9. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
Sponsor: Whole Heart & Home, 6069 Ernest Cres, Niagara Falls, ON L2H 0H9