Horace Mann’s $10,000 DonorsChoose.org Spring Into Action Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR INSURANCE QUOTE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the U.S., and where prohibited and restricted by law. This Promotion (defined below) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or DonorsChoose.org. In order to participate, internet access is required. By entering the Promotion participants understand they are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1. Horace Mann’s $10,000 DonorsChoose.org Spring Into Action Sweepstakes promotion (the “Promotion”) commences at 08:00:01 AM Central Time (“CST”) on April 1st, 2019 and ends at 02:00:00 PM CST on May 10th, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). All Promotion entries must be received by 12:00:00 PM CST on May 10th, 2019. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
During the week of May 6th - 10th, Horace Mann will conduct daily drawings to fund up to a total of $10,000 in DonorsChoose.org projects.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Horace Mann Service Corporation (“Sponsor and Horace Mann”).
3. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and U.S. Territories and Possessions), who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years of age, and are affiliated in any educator capacity with a K-12 school and who have a current DonorsChoose.org project (“Entrants”). Entrants are only eligible to win one time during the Promotion Period. Excludes officers, directors, contractors and employees of Sponsor and Sponsor’s; subsidiaries, members, licensees, affiliates, distributors, dealerships, franchisees, sales representatives, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to, this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings and their respective spouses) or members of the same household, whether or not related.
4. How to Enter the Promotion: Entrants can enter the Promotion by going to https://woobox.com/r7j3rx and follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) Complete the registration form (b) Electronically agree and accept these Official Rules; and (c) submit. Completing the foregoing steps will earn Educator one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Promotion.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the winning Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected or potential winning “authorized account subscribers” may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holders of the email addresses associated with the applicable Entries.
5. Winner Selection, Winner Notification, Odds of Winning:
Sponsor will randomly draw from the list of Entrants entered in the Promotion at the time of the daily draw. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received as of the time of the daily draw. The DonorsChoose.org funding has no value except as a charitable donation by Horace Mann to the DonorsChoose.org program. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification of a potential winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Except where prohibited, the winning Entrants may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) and any required tax forms within seven (7) days of Entrants receipt of such forms. . If a potential winner (i) cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts are made to effectuate contact, (ii) fails to return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility by the deadline specified above, or (iii) is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Promotion and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be conducted for each unawarded prize, after which the prize will remain unrewarded.
6. General Terms, Releases, and Limitations of Liability: Entrants agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Promotion Entities, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and further agree that any prizes awarded will be awarded upon the condition that the Horace Mann shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize, participation in this Promotion, and participation in any Promotion-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its merchantability, quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Horace Mann reserves any and all rights to solely interpret and administer the Official Rules of this Promotion which shall be final and each participating school agrees to abide by all Promotion Entity decisions regarding the Promotion. Entrants shall bear sole and full responsibility for any associated taxes in whatever form as may be assessed as a result of winning a prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Promotion (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Website or any portion thereof).
7. Release of Sponsor: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website or any combination thereof; lost network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Promotion Entities, rusers or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant's ability to participate and/or redeem any prize in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law.
8. Liability: As a condition of participating in the Promotion and winning a prize, Entrants agree that (1) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees. The laws of the State of Illinois shall exclusively govern the Promotion. Horace Mann reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including, but not limited to, any federal or provincial or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, or in Sponsor’s sole discretion do not meet eligibility requirements. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
Additional information obtained allowing Horace Mann to generate an insurance quote for entrants in optional and not a condition upon entry. Opting in for an insurance quote will not improve chances of winning.
10. Request for Winners List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Communications -Web Strategy and Social Media, Horace Mann Insurance, 1 Horace Mann Plaza, #D943, Springfield, IL 62701, USA. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on rules requests. Winners List will be available after May 10th, 2019.
Sponsor: Horace Mann Service Corporation
1 Horace Mann Plaza
Springfield, IL 62715
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the Promotion participant understands that he/she is providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to hold Facebook harmless against any responsibility or liability arising in connection with, or as a result of, participation in this Promotion.