KGW and HAMILTON’S APPLIANCE GIVEAWAY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KGW and Hamilton’s Appliance Giveaway (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of the KGW viewing area as defined by its Nielsen DMA that includes Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia, Yamhill, Polk, Marion, Hood River, Wasco, Jefferson, Lynn, Lincoln, Tillamook, Clatsop, Sherman, Gilliam, Wheeler, Crook, Grant, Harney, Union, and Baker counties in Oregon and Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania, Wahkiakum, and Klickitat counties in Washington who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KGW 8-TV (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Hamilton’s Appliance (Promotional Sponsor) and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest Nomination Period will begin at 12:01 a.m. (P.T.) November 5, 2018 and end at 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) November 11, 2018 (the “Contest Nomination Period”). Enter your nomination by visiting the KGW and Hamilton’s Appliance Giveaway official entry form on Sponsor’s website KGW.com/contests, and in 200 words or less nominate an individual or organization that you believe needs and deserves to receive a new appliance, telling us why you think he, she, or it deserves a new appliance from Hamilton’s Appliance. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor, or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. November 11, 2018.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Contest Nomination Period. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) winner will be selected by judging of all eligible entries that will begin on or about July 9, 2018. A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor and Hamilton’s Appliance will judge each eligible entry on the following criteria: Hardship of Nominee (25%), Potential Benefit of new appliance (25%), persuasiveness of message (25%) and community involvement of nominee (25%). A ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with 10 being the best score. Judging will conclude within the week after the end of the Contest Nomination Period and the nomination with the highest cumulative score will be designated the Winning Nominee. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria. On or about July 16, 2018 one (1) Winning Nominee will be selected. Decisions of Judges will be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds One (1) Winning Nominee will receive a certificate good for a Whirlpool appliance from Hamilton’s Appliances located at 19790 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Gladstone, OR 97097 (ARV: $1,000).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winning Nominator will be notified on or about November 26, 2018 at the phone number and/or email address provided on Nominator’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours and will leave no messages. Failure to reach Nominator by phone after three (3) attempts, or failure of recipient to respond to email notification, or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. The Nominator is expected to notify the Winning Nominee. The Winning Nominee may be announced on KGW on or about November 26, 2018. To claim prize, the Winning Nominee may be required to personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1501 SW Jefferson Street, Portland, OR 97201 within five (5) business days after notification; or Promotional Sponsor’s office at 19790 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Gladstone, OR 97097 within (5) business days after notification. Office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays and a valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor or in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of Hamilton’s Appliance or Whirlpool, including cancellations, delays, rescheduling, or closings.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The KGW and Hamilton’s Appliance Giveaway is sponsored by KGW. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For the identity of winner (available after November 26, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit KGW.com/contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), KGW and Hamilton’s Appliance Giveaway, 1501 SW Jefferson Street, Portland, OR 97201. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Josh Schreck, email@example.com 503-226-5074.