- Preliminary Judging will be done by 5 judges to shortlist the final 20 designs.
Final Result Weightage
- Public Voting – 70%
- Scoring by Mediacorp and Daikin – 30%
Judging Criteria: Total 50 points
- The story it tells – 15 pts
- Creativity and originality of the depicted theme – 15 pts
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme – 10 pts
- Overall impression of the design – 5 pts
- How complete or well written is submission materials – 5 pts
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The “Design A Green Tee” contest (the “Contest”) is jointly organised by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”), with Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“Daikin”) as the presenting sponsor.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions and any other mechanics, rules, terms or conditions applicable to the Contest (including but not limited to those specified on the Contest Site), as specified by Mediacorp from time to time (collectively, the “Terms and Conditions”). Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- Contest Period
3.1 The Contest will be conducted from 1 May 2022 at 0000 hours and will end on 31 May 2022 at 2359 hrs (the “Contest Period”).
4.1 The Contest is only open to Singaporeans and Singapore permanent residents who are aged 18 years old and above as of the date of participation in the Contest. Participants below 18 years old shall be required to obtain the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian.
4.2 The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) employees of all companies in the Mediacorp group of companies (“Mediacorp Group”) and Daikin group of companies, and immediate family members of such employee(s), (b) the employees of partner(s) and their immediate family members, (c) the employees of sponsor(s) (as applicable) and their immediate family members. Winners may be required to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility and submit such supporting document before being eligible to receive any prizes awarded.
Mediacorp reserves the right to determine eligibility of the participants at its sole discretion.
- Contest Entry and Submissions
5.1 Participants will be required to create an original t-shirt design (the “Design”).
5.2 Participants will upload and submit the Design together with a short write up about the inspiration behind the design (each, an “Entry”) via one of the following platforms and/or methods
5.2.1 Submitting an Entry on www.mediacorp.sg/designagreentee (the “Contest Site”);
5.2.2 Uploading a public post on Instagram; or
5.2.3 Uploading a public post on Facebook,
PROVIDED THAT for submissions via Instagram or Facebook, participants must:
(a) Set their Instagram and/or Facebook account to “Public”;
(b) Include both the hashtags #DAIKINDESIGNATEE AND #MEDIACORP within each Entry; and
(c) Ensure that submissions via Instagram or Facebook are native posts. For the avoidance of doubt, submissions via InstaStory or Facebook Stories will not be accepted.
5.3 All Entries must be submitted within the Contest Period, i.e. by 31 May 2022 at 2359 hours.
5.4 Mediacorp reserves the right to request for participants to make revisions to a Design and/or Entry for resubmission, in its sole and absolute discretion. Without limitation to the foregoing, Mediacorp may, at its sole and absolute discretion and without notice to participants delete part or all of the Entries and/or Designs or other information that:
(a) contains words or images that are intended to harm any third parties or Mediacorp , or words or images of a lewd, violent and/or malicious nature;
(b) Mediacorp determine as an infringement or potential infringement of intellectual properties or other third party rights;
(c) contains personal data;
(d) contains potentially harmful content, including unauthorised computer programmes or viruses;
(e) violates or potentially violates any applicable laws;
(f) must be removed pursuant to any laws, regulations, government advisories or orders; or
(g) Mediacorp consider to be inappropriate and/or unsuitable for submission to the Contest.
- Ownership of Rights
6.1 As a condition to participating in this Contest, each participant warrants and undertakes that he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights in the Entries submitted, and that the Entries do not infringe upon or violate any proprietary rights including without limitation, copyright, the right of privacy or publicity, nor constitute defamation against, nor violate any common law rights or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation.
6.2 Upon submission of an Entry and subject to Clause 6.3, each participant irrevocably agrees and undertakes that:
(a) all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights in the Entry shall be immediately assigned to Mediacorp and shall belong to Mediacorp absolutely such that Mediacorp shall have the exclusive right, in perpetuity, to modify, utilise, merchandise and exploit the Entries (and/or any part thereof) throughout the universe in any and all media whether now in existence or developed in the future,. For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation to the foregoing, Mediacorp shall have the right to use the Designs and grant Daikin the rights to use the Designs for any purpose as it determines in its sole and absolute discretion, including for merchandise other than t-shirts;
(b) he/she recognises Mediacorp and Daikin’s need to be able to deal with the Entries without restriction. Accordingly, the participant waives irrevocably in respect of the Entries, any and all “moral” rights, including but not limited to the right to be identified and/or the right not to have the Entries subjected to derogatory treatment, which he/she may have now or in the future, and grants irrevocably all consents and waivers as may be required under any applicable laws now or in future in force in any part of the world that may create rights in the Entries to enable Mediacorp and Daikin to make fullest use of the Entries without restriction; and
(c) unless with Mediacorp’ prior written consent, participants shall not use the Entries (or any part thereof) for any other purposes other than participation in this Contest, including but not limited to submitting the Entries (or any part thereof) for other competitions and/or contests.
6.3 Upon announcement by Mediacorp of the winners of the Contest on the Contest Site, all rights and title to non-winning Entries shall be automatically assigned by Mediacorp back to the respective participants who had submitted the relevant Entries, PROVIDED THAT each participant shall continue to grant Mediacorp and Daikin a perpetual non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, display, print, edit or distribute the Entries (or any part thereof) on all mediums and platforms worldwide. For the avoidance of doubt, in respect of all winning Entries, Mediacorp shall continue to retain all rights in accordance with Clause 6.2.
7.1 Winners will be notified via email on 15 July 2022 or such other date as determined by the Organiser.
7.2 Verification of Winners:
7.2.1 Winners who are notified by email by Mediacorp shall be required to
(i) follow all instructions and provide all information required via return email to
(ii) comply with all instructions specified by Mediacorp in relation to the prize redemption.
7.2.2 Without limitation to the above, all winners may be required to execute
(i) a form to declare that they satisfy all eligibility requirements, including but not limited to a declaration that they are not employees of Mediacorp or partner(s) or immediate family of the employees of Mediacorp or partner(s); and
(ii) all such documents necessary to grant Mediacorp all rights to the Entries in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
In the event that any winners fail to
(i) satisfy the eligibility requirements; or
(ii) fail to comply with instructions specified by Mediacorp in relation to the prize redemption, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to disqualify that winner and/or select alternative winners.
The list of winners will be published on 15 July 2022 (or such other date as determined by Mediacorp) on the Contest Site.
8.1 In the event that any winner is disqualified and no alternative winners are selected, the prizes will be forfeited and Mediacorp shall have the right to deal with such prizes in its sole and absolute discretion.
8.2 Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
8.3 Each participant acknowledges and agrees that the receipt and redemption of any prizes offered shall be subject to the winner complying with terms and conditions imposed by Mediacorp. In the event that the winner of any prize, for any reason, fails to comply with such terms and conditions, any prizes won may be forfeited, withdrawn or reclaimed without any compensation.
8.4 Mediacorp reserves the right to not to award or to substitute, add to or alter the prizes or any other prizes offered without prior notice to the participants.
8.5 Participants acknowledge and agree that the all prizes may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by Mediacorp and/or its sponsors (if any). Mediacorp shall not be liable for any losses, damages, injury, death or any other claims arising from participation in the Contest and/or any prize. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions apply to the Contest nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each participant represents and warrants that all information provided for the Contest are accurate, true and not misleading. Any misrepresentation could result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclaiming of any prizes won.
- Unless otherwise stated by Mediacorp, each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in connection with the Contest and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- Mediacorp reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the Contest at any time without prior notice.
- Mediacorp’ decision at all stages of the Contest is final. No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by Mediacorp concerning, without limitation, these Terms and Conditions, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest.
- Participants’ personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp’s group of companies for the following purposes:
13.1 For verification and record of the participant’s personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with the participant.
13.2 For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
13.3 For publicity and marketing.
13.4 To send the participant notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
13.5 To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against the participant.
13.6 By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, participants:
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing their personal data for the purposes as described; and
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring their personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described above.
- Participants agree that Mediacorp may use the names and images of the participants, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the participants (“Materials”), for promotion of the Contest across all media, including without limitation in Mediacorp’s properties, without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in Mediacorp.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to take part in any promotional or publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp in connection with this Contest and each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and use the participant’s performance(s) and appearance(s) in any manner as Mediacorp shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, video recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes or any other purposes as Mediacorp deem appropriate (whether now or in the future). Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify any participants in the event that the participant refuses or fails to participate in such publicity for the Contest.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of both Mediacorp, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
- Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp shall not be liable for any losses, damages, injury, death or any other claims arising from participation in this Contest and/or any prize. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions apply to this Contest or the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
- Each participant shall indemnify and keep Mediacorp and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the participant's breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Mediacorp may at any time freely assign any or all of its rights, benefits and interest and/or transfer any of its obligations or liabilities arising out of these Terms and Conditions to any party without notice to or consent from the participants.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. By entering this Contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Instagram from any or all liability in connection with this Contest.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to any participant.
- These Terms and Conditions and the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any disputes in relation to these Terms and Conditions or the Contest shall be referred to the courts of Singapore.
“DESIGN A GREEN TEE” VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”)
- The online voting contest (the “Voting”) for the “Design A Green Tee” contest is jointly organised and produced by Mediacorp Pte Ltd (“Mediacorp”) with Daikin Airconditioning (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (“Daikin”) as the presenting sponsor, and shall take place from 8 June 2022, 1400 hours to 14 June 2022, 2359 hours (or as announced and/or published by Mediacorp from time to time) (the “Voting Period”). These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all stages of the Voting.
- Voting Instructions
(a) Participants may cast their votes online for the relevant design (each, a “Design”) via the relevant Voting page on www.mediacorp.sg/designagreentee (the “Voting Platform”), for their selected Design to be one of the winners of the “Design A Green Tee” contest . Results shall be announced on www.mediacorp.sg/designagreentee on 15 July 2022.
(b) Employees of all companies in Mediacorp’s group of companies and immediate family members of such employees shall not be eligible to participate in the Voting. Winners may be required to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility and submit such supporting document before being eligible to receive any prizes awarded
(c) Voting shall be subject to the following conditions:
(i) Each participant shall be required to provide all the information listed on the Voting Platform;
(ii) Each participant may vote for multiple designs each day;
(iii) Each participant may cast 1 vote for each design per day;
(iv) Any votes cast outside of the designated Voting Period will not be accepted.
- Each participant shall bear each of their own costs and expenses incurred and/or arising from their participation in the Voting, including (without limitation), telecommunications, network and all such other charges and out-of-pocket expenses as may be incurred by each participant during or in connection with the Voting and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- By participating in the Voting, each participant hereby expressly agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) all electronic communications made pursuant to his/her use of these services or these Terms and Conditions shall be given legal effect, validity and enforceability and shall have, between the parties thereto, comparable evidential value to that accorded to a signed written document;
(b) that he/she is at least 18 years of age or that he/she has sought and obtained parental consent to participate in the Voting, and that he/she warrants that he/she has the capacity and power to agree to these Terms and Conditions; and
(c) that he/she will not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Voting Platform.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions or any of the Voting details without prior notice to any participant. By continuing to participate in the Voting, each participant will be deemed to have accepted the amended and/or varied terms and conditions, which will be posted on this website. Mediacorp further reserves the right, without any liability to any participant(s), to disqualify any participant(s) from the Voting at any time at its discretion.
- Each participant agrees not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, data or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to cast multiple votes on his/her behalf or to navigate or operate the Voting Platform. Participants shall not, and shall not attempt to, circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Voting Platform. Mediacorp reserves the right to disallow and/or cancel votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that votes have been cast fraudulently or through an abuse, loophole or bugs in the Voting Platform. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Mediacorp may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the votes for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time. Mediacorp’s decision in relation to all matters relating to the Voting is final.
- Mediacorp shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content submitted onto the Voting Platform, and shall have the right to remove or delete any materials that Mediacorp, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of any applicable laws, codes, rules or regulations.
- Each participant acknowledges and agrees that the Voting Platform is available on an "as is where is" basis. Mediacorp do not warrant that the Voting Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Voting Platform may, from time to time, be adversely affected by events outside Mediacorp’s control. Mediacorp will make reasonable endeavors to ensure the uninterrupted and timely supply of the Voting Platform and will take all reasonable steps to correct any error, omission or mistake, but will have no liability whatsoever for any error in, or delay in, or failure in transmission of the Voting Platform howsoever caused (whether through the negligence of Mediacorp or otherwise) or any loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred by a participant directly or indirectly in connection with his/her use of the Voting Platform.
(a) Mediacorp reserves the right not to award any prizes or to substitute, add to or alter any item on the list of prizes. All prizes won by a participant shall not be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
(b) Participants acknowledge and agree that the all prizes may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by Mediacorp and/or any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the delivery of prizes (if any).
(c) Mediacorp do not undertake any responsibility to ensure that prizes will be delivered, by the sponsors or otherwise, to any prize winner. No agreement shall arise or be constituted, and no obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp or by its related/affiliated companies, officers and/or agents by reason of the participant(s)’ participation in the Voting or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participant(s) as a result of or on account of the Voting. Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by Mediacorp or any sponsor, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the participant(s).
- Mediacorp shall not be liable to the participants in any way for any losses or damages, including but not limited to loss of income, business or profits, or for any loss or damage that was not reasonably foreseeable at the time of participation in the Voting. For the avoidance of doubt this includes direct, indirect and consequential loss. Mediacorp will not be liable to participants for its failure to provide the Voting Platform for any reason whatsoever. All warranties, representations, conditions or other terms either expressed or implied in relation to these terms and conditions are excluded and limited to the maximum extent permissible by law.
- Each participant shall indemnify and keep Mediacorp and its related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the participant's breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or any other regulations or requirements of Mediacorp in relation to the Voting.
- Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp for the following purposes:
(a) For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
(c) For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
(d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) For administration and collection of prizes, including publishing of list of winner(s).
(f) For publicity and marketing purposes.
(g) To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’ss goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
(h) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you:
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in the clause above;
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the clause above.
If you have any questions relating to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- From time to time Mediacorp may be required to amend and/or supplement these Terms and Conditions and reserves such right. By continuing to use the Voting Platform, each participant will be deemed to have accepted the amended and/or supplemented Terms and Conditions. Mediacorp reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, modify or supersede any part of the Voting Platform or these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- Any decisions made by Mediacorp in relation to the Voting, the Voting Platform and these Terms and Conditions shall be final and no correspondence, enquiries or appeals will be entertained.
- Non-compliance with or breach of any of these Terms and Conditions shall immediately disqualify a participant from further participation at any stage of the Voting, and any prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
- No third party shall have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Party) Act of the Republic of Singapore.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.