“Horace Mann’s ThanksGiveaway DonorsChoose.org” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR INSURANCE QUOTE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the U.S., and where prohibited and restricted by law. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. Internet access required. By entering the Promotion participants understand they are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1. “Horace Mann’s ThanksGiveaway DonorsChoose.org Giveaway” promotion (the “Promotion”) commences at 08:00:01 AM Central Time (“CST”) on November 1, 2016 and ends at 02:00:00 PM CST on November 18, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). All Promotion entries must be received by 12:00:00 PM CST on November 18, 2016. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion shall be sponsored by Horace Mann Service Corporation (“Sponsor and Horace Mann”).
3. Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Territories and Possessions), who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years of age, and is affiliated in any educator, staff or support personnel capacity with a K-12 school. Entrant must have a valid and current DonorsChoose.org project. Maine residents are eligible for the drawing, however due to legal requirements, are only eligible for project funding up to a value of $100.00. The prize valued at $100.00 is in lieu and exclusive of the prizes as described in this contest for Maine residents. Excludes officers, directors, contractors (including ABM Service Corporation) and employees of Sponsor; Administrator; each of their respective subsidiaries, members, licensees, affiliates, distributors, dealerships, franchisees, sales representatives, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to, this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings and their respective spouses) or members of the same household, whether or not related.
4. How to Enter Sweepstakes: There are two (2) separate ways to enter this sweepstakes. Both of which are equal.
1. Contact your Horace Mann agent with your project’s
official seven-digit DonorsChoose.org project number and have them complete the
contest form beginning November 1, 2016.
(For example, the last seven digits of your project’s url is the project ID: http://www.donorschoose.org/project/name-of-individual-project/1234567/
No purchase or insurance quote is necessary to enter or win.
2. Educators can also enter themselves by going to the Horace Mann Insurance Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/HoraceMannInsurance (the “Website”) beginning November 1, 2016, click on the “DonorsChoose.org” tab and follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) Complete the registration form; (b) Input your project’s official seven-digit DonorsChoose.org project number. (c) Electronically agree and accept these Official Rules; and (d) submit. Completing the foregoing steps will earn Entrant one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Grand Prize Drawing, as more fully described in Section 5.
Winner Selection, Odds of Winning, Winner Notification below.
Limit: One Entry, per DonorsChoose.org project number for the duration of the promotion. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected or potential winning “authorized account subscribers” may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holders of the email addresses associated with the applicable Entries. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. By entering this Promotion you release Facebook from any and all liability arising as a result of your participation in, or in connection with, this Promotion.
5. Winner Selection, Winner Notification, Odds of Winning:
Sponsor will randomly draw from the entry list beginning on November 14, 2016 and continue each day through November 18, 2016. Sponsor will fund up to $500 (in DonorsChoose.org funding) per project until a total of $7,000 is reached each day of funding for the contest, November 14 -18, 2016.
Entrant may enter multiple projects but only one project per Entrant will be funded if randomly selected.
Number of winners will depend on total amount spent per project to fully fund selected projects until $7,000 is reached per day of funding.
Prize Drawing: Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
DonorsChoose.org is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. The DonorsChoose.org funding has no value except as a charitable donation by Horace Mann to the DonorsChoose.org program. Funding as awarded is not assignable or transferable and is restricted to the entered project ID.
Awarding of a prize is subject to verification of a potential winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Except where prohibited, the selected potential Prize Winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) and any required tax forms within seven (7) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Failure to return the signed Affidavit and Release within seven (7) days following the date of delivery thereof may result in forfeiture of Prize. All prizes awarded are subject to verification of the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted as specified above, or if a potential winner fails to return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility by the deadline specified above, or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Up to three (3) alternate Prize Winner drawings will be conducted for each unawarded Prize, after which the Prize will remain unrewarded.
6. General Terms, Releases, and Limitations of Liability: Entrants agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Promotion Entities, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and further agree that Prizes will be awarded upon the condition that the Promotion Entities shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize, participation in this Promotion, and participation in any Promotion-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its merchantability, quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves any and all rights to solely interpret and administer the terms and conditions of this Promotion which shall be final and Entrant agrees to abide by all Sponsor decisions regarding the Promotion. Entrants shall bear sole and full responsibility for any associated taxes in whatever form as may be assessed as a result of winning a Prize. Entrants are limited to winning one prize per calendar year and will be disqualified from winning multiple prizes in a calendar year. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Promotion (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Website or any portion thereof). Entrants agree to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Facebook, further promise not to sue Facebook and hereby acknowledge that Facebook have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact of in law, relative to the Promotion or the Prizes.
7. Release of Sponsor: The Promotion Entities, Facebook, Inc. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website or any combination thereof; lost network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Promotion Entities, Facebook, Inc., users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant's ability to participate and/or redeem any Prize in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law.
8. Liability: As a condition of participating in this Promotion and winning a Prize, Entrants agree that (1) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees. The laws of the State of Illinois shall exclusively govern the Promotion. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including, but not limited to, any federal or provincial or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, or in Sponsor’s sole discretion do not meet eligibility requirements. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
10. Request for Winners List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Winners List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Communications -Web Strategy and Social Media, Horace Mann Insurance, 1 Horace Mann Plaza, #D943, Springfield, IL 62701, USA. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on rules requests. Winners List will be available after December 1, 2016.
Horace Mann Service Corporation
1 Horace Mann Plaza
Springfield, IL 62715
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the Promotion participant understands that he/she is providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to hold Facebook harmless against any responsibility or liability arising in connection with, or as a result of, participation in this Promotion.