1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chance to win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE. In order to participate in the 2022 Calendar Photo Contest from Merrimack Valley Credit Union (the “Contest”): 1. The Entrant must be 18 years of age or older; 2. Photographs must have been taken in one of the states in New England, United States of America; 3. Photographs must not include people, hashtags, websites, or other added wording.
2. HOW DO I ENTER? The Contest begins on May 24, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. To enter the Contest, the Entrant must fill out an Entry Form. The Entry Form can be found at https://www.mvcu.com/calendar-contest. The Entry Form must be filled out completely, and in English. Entry Forms that are illegible, incomplete, or not in English will be disqualified.
By entering this Contest and agreeing to these Official Rules, each Entrant represents and warrants that he or she is the person listed on the Entry Form and the author of the Entry Form submitted in connection with the Contest. Entrants agree to fully indemnify Merrimack Valley Credit Union (“Promoter”) for all damages incurred as the result of the use of another’s image, photograph, or written work. Entry Forms may not be offensive or defamatory, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will void the entry. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest and award a prize from entries received up to the time of termination or suspension, for any reason, including, but not limited to, should a virus, bug or other causes beyond Promoter’s control, unauthorized human intervention, malfunction, computer problems, phone line or network hardware or software malfunction, which, in the sole opinion of Promoter, corrupt, compromise or materially affect the administration, fairness, security or proper play of the Contest or proper submission of Entry Forms.
Entry Forms must be submitted online by the deadline of June 25, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to be eligible.
3. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Each Entrant may submit up to five Entry Forms.
4. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY FORM. All content in Entrant’s Entry Form must be entirely original. Once the Entrant has submitted his or her Entry Form, the entry is final and may not be modified or edited. Entrants are solely responsible for transmission of Entry Forms and assume all risk that such Entry Forms are not received by Promoter or are received incomplete. Promoter shall have no liability or obligation with regard to Entry Forms which are not received, or are received incompletely, without regard to the reasons for such incompleteness or non-delivery.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. As a condition of participating in the Contest, and by submitting an Entry Form, Entrant warrants and represents that the Entry Form and all of its content: 1. is original and owned by Entrant; 2. contains all necessary rights and permissions from persons other than the Entrant who are referenced on the Entry Form; 3. does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party and 4. does not violate any law or regulation. Promoter’s determination as to whether the content of the Entry Form potentially violates the rights of any third party, made in its sole discretion, is final.
6. PUBLIC VOTING. In its sole discretion, a panel of judges appointed by Promoter will select the top 36 Entries from among the Entrants, based upon the information provided by the Entrants. Starting on July 6, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, the top 36 Entries will be displayed online at https://woobox.com/yekiag and the public will be able to vote for their favorite photographs. The public voting period will end on July 30, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
7. HOW DO I WIN? In its sole discretion, a panel of judges appointed by Promoter will select twelve calendar month winners (collectively the “Winners”) from among the Entrants, based upon the information provided by the Entrants and supporting voting information. Winners will be selected and notified by August 6, 2021 based on, in order of importance, creativity, emotional appeal and number of votes. Promoters will attempt to contact the Winners by phone and/or email, using the information provided on the Entry Form. The selection of the Winners will be announced to the public on our website at www.mvcublog.com by a date of August 27, 2021. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and identity per these rules which must be completely satisfactory as determined by Promoter in its absolute and sole discretion. Promoter may also feature smaller photographs of other Entrants as part of the 2022 calendar design.
8. WHAT CAN I WIN? Each Winner will receive: his/her entered photograph published as part of Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s 2022 Calendar. Winners will receive written attribution for their published photographs within the calendar. Winners may not request prize substitution or cash redemption. Prizes are not transferable. Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize, or variations of any part of a prize in its sole discretion. Promoter makes no warranties or disclaimers concerning the prizes beyond those customarily given by Promoter or already given by third parties in connection with any part of the prizes.
9. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Entrants, votes received and the judgment of the panel of judges appointed by Promoter.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. Promoter may use the name, image, likeness and persona of Winners in any print, Internet and television advertising, filming behind the scenes, and interviews. Promoter may use Entrant’s submitted photographs on websites, in social media posts, and in printed materials, including the 2022 Calendar. All such photographs, audio or video recordings and/or related material shall be the property of Promoter. Promoter has the ultimate right, in its sole discretion, to make the final determination on all aspects of any photos, audio, or video recordings of Winners, including the ultimate use or non-use of the images and/or recordings. Entrant assigns or licenses the intellectual property rights in his or her winning Entry Form to Promoter. Entrant is participating in the Contest without any compensation (other than the Prize) or right of approval. Such participation may include, but is not limited to: 1. Participation in and assistance with (including providing personal photos and information as requested) photo, audio, and video appearances as reasonably requested by Promoter for a period of up to one year after Entrant’s selection as a Winner; 2. Participation in media interviews and/or mentions in press releases for a period of up to one year after Entrant’s selection as a Winner; 3. Inclusion in print, television and online marketing and promotional materials for a period of up to one year after Entrant’s selection as a Winner; 4. Indefinite use of Winner names, likeness and statements in online channels, including but not limited to Promoter’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts; 5. Winner must agree in writing to such other provisions as Promoter may reasonably require, in its sole discretion. In the event the Winner fails to complete any of the aforementioned requirements, such Winner may be disqualified and the Prize may be awarded to another Entrant, in Promoter’s sole discretion.
11. EDITING. Promoter reserves the right to crop and/or alter photographs submitted by ENTRANT before posting online or printing in a calendar in its sole discretion.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Promoters and their promotional and advertising agencies shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by Entrant(s) for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in this Contest.
13. PRIVACY. Information Entrants provide to Merrimack Valley Credit Union will be used to communicate with Entrants regarding this Contest and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact Entrants at a later date with respect to products or services that the Promoters believe may be of interest to them. By submitting an entry, all Entrants acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s server and/or the server of those responsible for administering the drawing, all in accordance with the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s Privacy Statement available at
14. DISPUTES. Each Entrant agrees that: 1. any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Massachusetts; 2. any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and 3. under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Promoters in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
15. HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters and their employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Merrimack Valley Credit Union and each of its employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from this Contest.
16. PROMOTER. Merrimack Valley Credit Union, 500 Merrimack Street, Lawrence, MA 01843, is the Promoter of this Contest. Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place. Promoter also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds not adhering to the entry process or Official Rules of the Contest.
17. FACEBOOK: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media platforms.
18. CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain the identity of the Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email request to email@example.com.
© 2021 Merrimack Valley Credit Union. All rights reserved. Contest Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for their own personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.