WIN A TWITCHCON PURPLE TICKET! CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be governed by U.S. laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal U.S. resident currently located and residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Official Rules below.
- DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The “Win a TwitchCon Purple Ticket Contest" ("Contest") begins at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on September 12, 2017 ("Contest Period"). Entries will be judged on or about September 15, 2017 to identify one (1) potential winner, for a total of one Grand Prize, as further described below in the Grand Prize section. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Twitch Interactive, Inc., 225 Bush Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104 (the “Sponsor”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” or, collectively, “Entrants”). Sponsor, and their employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and advertising agencies (collectively, "Contest Entities") are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step- children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, record a video to your personal Twitch channel by opting in to archived broadcasts in your channel page settings and then creating a highlight (instructions at http:// blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/) of no longer than ninety (90) seconds in length that explains your passion for Twitch and why we should send you to TwitchCon. Then, submit your entry to http://woobox.com/fow9xk. Or you may use a Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com) and tweet a link to @Twitch (http://www.twitter.com/twitch) with the official hashtag “#TwitchCon” and “#PurpleTicketContest” in the body of the Tweet. If a Twitter account is not available or a user chooses not to use one, the contest entry may be submitted via email (either video link or attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Win a TwitchCon Purple Ticket!” All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on September 12, 2017 to be considered. Entries generated by script macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period, regardless of method used to create video. You may only use one (1) email address/Twitch account to participate in this Contest. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation will be void. A Twitch account is required to participate in this Contest and can be opened for free at http:// www.twitch.tv/.
Entry may not contain as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion,any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of anyethnic, racial, gender, religious,professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the useof any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotesany particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about otherpeople or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctivepackaging or building exteriors/ interiors) owned by others (excluding those ofSponsor which will be permitted);
- contains any personal identification such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
- contains materials owned or controlled by others (includingphotographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images publishedon or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or otherindicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebritiesand/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures,living or deceased; or
- violates any applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to rejectany entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, doesnot meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping withthe Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove anyentry without prior notice.
Entry must be in English, be the originalwork of the Entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have wonprevious awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rightsof privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of anyperson or entity. If the entry contains any material or elements that are notowned by the Entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties,the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, anyand all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of theentry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including,without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person or anythird-party who appears in or is identifiable in an entry. Sponsor reserves theright to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsorfrom any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested,render entry null and void. By submitting an entry Entrant warrants andrepresents that he/she and the person or third-party who appears in or who isidentifiable in the video consents to the submission and use of the entry inthe Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an entry, Entrant herebygrants permission for the entry to be posted on Twitch’s website or otherwebsites and used in press materials. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (asdefined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by thirdparties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any entry and mayremove a posted entry at any time. Entrants agree that they will not use theentry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the entryto any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in eachinstance.
Judging Phase: All eligible entries received by Sponsor will be judged to select one (1) winner by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: (1) Creativity (33%), (2) Originality and Presentation (33%), and (3) Overall message (34%). The one (1) entry with the highest score, as determined by Sponsor, will be deemed the potential “Grand Prize winner” subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, a “tie-breaking” judge will determine the potential Grand Prize winner based on the judging criteria specified above.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via the email address associated with their Twitch account approximately five (5) businessdays after the end of the Voting Period. It is an Entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the email account tied to the submitted Twitch highlight video is active and working. No other method of contact will be utilized. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to respond (as directed) to thenotification within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. The failure torespond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Ifthe Grand Prize goes unclaimed or the potential Grand Prize winner is found tobe ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules ordeclines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Grand Prizewinner will be disqualified and runner-up may be notified, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The potentialGrand Prize winner will be required to verify his/her address and execute and return an affidavitof eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition islegal) a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability,advertising, and publicity issues. Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed Prize ClaimDocuments are returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone notfully complying with the Official Rules. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions arefinal and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- GRAND PRIZE: A trip for winner to TwitchCon in Long Beach scheduled to take place on or about October 20, 2017 to October 22, 2017. Trip consists of roundtrip, coach class air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to Long Beach, California, 3 days and 4 nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy), and a “Purple Ticket” conferring all-access to TwitchCon and the TwitchCon party. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $3,300. Actual value may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. All federal state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including any ground transportation, meals, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, luggage fees, incidentals, telephone calls, excursions, travel insurance, and any other expenses that might reasonably be incurred by winner in receiving or using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
All prize details are at the solediscretion of the Sponsor. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer a prize toanother person. If a prize cannot be awarded, a substitute prize of comparableor greater retail value may be awarded. The value of the prize representsSponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. Norefunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of the prize is subject to price fluctuations in theconsumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between thedate the ARV is estimated forpurposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.Other restrictions may apply.
- CONDITIONS OFPARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Byparticipating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rulesand the decisions of the Sponsor, whichshall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest and/or byaccepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Contest Entities, andeach of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and theirrespective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns(collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions,claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, fromparticipation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Winnerauthorizes the Released Parties to use his/her photo, video, Twitch channel,name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence inadvertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide inperpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensationunless prohibited by law. Winner may be asked to participate in selectpublicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the ReleasedParties. Released Parties are not obligated to use any of the above mentionedinformation or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such informationor materials, at Released Parties’ sole discretion, without further obligationor compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) anyinjuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injuryor death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use ormisuse of a prize or from participation in the Contest (including any travel/activity related thereto); (ii) telephone system, telephone or computerhardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lostconnections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) datacorruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entryor other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete,unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communicationsor affidavits, regardless of the methodof transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (orportion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall beforfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative ortechnological errors in any materials or activities associated with theContest. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computersystem resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with thisContest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modifyor suspend the Contest (or any portion of the Contest) at any time for anyreason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention,extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit theadministration, security or proper play of the Contest and, in such situation, will select the potential GrandPrize winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such actionusing the judging criteria specifiedabove. Sponsor may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Contest or winningthe prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting toundermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking,deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threatenor harass any other Entrants or Released Parties representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATEOPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE INVIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS ANDWILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATIONIN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPTBE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE.
- INDEMNITY: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and againstany and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss,injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with:(a) winner’s participation in the Contest; (b) a breach or allegation which iftrue would constitute a breach, of winner’s representations, warranties orobligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize,including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damagearising there from.
- LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, and to the extent allowed by law, you grant the Released Parties a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub licensable, unconditional and transferable license to edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party.
- DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of New York. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the participant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Contest. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the participant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNER’S NAME/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the winner or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Win a TWITCHCON Purple Ticket Contest" Winner’s Name/Rules, Twitch HQ – 225 Bush Street, 9th Floor San Francisco, CA 94104. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later October 25, 2017. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
// End of Official Rules //
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Other restrictions apply. Contest entry period begins at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 28, 2017 & ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on September 12, 2017. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules. To enter and for Official Rules visit http://woobox.com/fow9xk. Sponsor: Twitch Interactive, Inc.