2018 SWS Youth Art Contest
The Society of Wetland Scientists will be accepting submissions for its Youth Art Contest from February 2 – April 2, 2018. All artworks must be submitted through our online form by April 2, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. GMT. This year’s theme is Wetland Wildlife.
• Grades 1 – 4
• Grades 5 - 8
For each age category, first, second and third place winners will be awarded the following prizes:
• 1st place - $50.00 USD
• 2nd place - $25.00 USD
• 3rd place - $10.00 USD
Electronic voting will open to the public on May 1, 2018, to kick off American Wetlands Month. Simply scroll through each category's art gallery and vote for your three (3) favorites! The voting period will be open from May 1 - 31, 2018. The winners will be announced at the 2018 SWS Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado, USA. In the case of a tie, the Wetland Promotions Committee would determine the winner. Winners will be notified via email, and announced to the SWS community and on social media.
Rules and Submission Process
• All submissions must be drawn on 8.5 x 11" paper.
• Only one submission per person.
• All artwork must be submitted through our online form with a digital copy of the artwork.
• The digital file should be saved as “Last name, First name” of artist.
• Mail original artwork to us for us to display at the Annual Meeting: Society of Wetland Scientists, 22 N Carroll St, Ste 300, Madison, WI, USA, 53703. Artwork will not be mailed back to artists.
• All artwork becomes the property of SWS for promotional and educational purposes.
Questions? Contact Kara Miller at email@example.com for more information.