“The Great Mini Adventure” CONTEST
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”) PRIOR TO ENTERING IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING IN THIS CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANTS CONFIRM THAT THEY MEET ALL OF THE CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY SET FORTH BELOW AND THAT THEY AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
1. The “The Great Mini Aventure” Contest (the “Contest”) is held by Bel Cheese Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”) and runs on Facebook from May 20 at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) to July 28, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Canada (“Disney”) and any of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related companies or of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled are not eligible. Entrants must have a Facebook account to enter the Contest.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary
3. To enter the Contest, proceed as follows:
3.1 Purchase a participating Mini Babybel® Original product among the following products: pack of six (6), twelve (12), eighteen (18) or twenty-eight (28) pieces (the “participating products”) and find the unique PIN code which appears on the sticker included on the packaging (the “Code”);
3.2 Go to the Contest Organizers Facebook Page at facebook.com/minibabybelcanada (the “Contest Facebook Page”) and click on the Contest tab;
3.3 Confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence by selecting your province or territory of residence and by entering your date of birth in the corresponding pop-up that will be displayed;
3.4 Complete the entry form by providing your last name, first name, email address and telephone number (including area code) where you can be reached during the day and your Code (the “Entry Form”);
3.5 Answer the mathematical skill-testing question included in the Entry Form;
3.6 Declare that you have read and agreed to all terms and conditions of the Contest Rules by checking the corresponding box;
3.7 If you wish, confirm that you wish to receive information and promotions on MiniBabybel products by email from the Contest Organizers;
3.8 Click on “Continue”. A message will be displayed confirming your entry in the Contest.
4. To enter the Contest without making a purchase (“Entry Letter”), legibly write an original handwritten letter of at least a fifty (50) words explaining why you would like to win the prize offered, along with your last name, name, complete address including postal code, telephone number including area code, email address and age. Sign and send your Entry Letter in an envelope with sufficient postage to “The Great Mini Adventure” Contest, 85 Saint-Paul Street W., suite 120, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 3V4, in order that your Entry Letter be received no later than 5 p.m. on July 31, 2019. After it is received, your Entry Letter will be validated by one of the Contest Organizers’ representative and, if valid, you will obtain one (1) entry in the Contest.
5. Entrants must respect the following limits, failing which they may be disqualified:
5.1 Each Code may be used only once during the Contest;
5.2 Only one (1) Facebook account may be used per entrant when an entrant has more than one;
5.3 Limit of one (1) Entry Letter per duly stamped envelope;
5.4 Only one (1) entry per person per day.
6. One (1) prize of an approximate value of $17,000 will be awarded. The prize consists of a 6-day trip to Orlando for two (2) adults and two (2) children (under 16 years old) which includes the following:
6.1 A choice of accommodation for 5 nights between (i) a RV rental for 5 nights (6 days) in the RV Parks located in Orlando, including RV insurance; or (ii) a quadruple-occupancy room at the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort (including breakfast);
6.2 Round-trip flight between the airport closest to the winner’s residence and the Orlando International Airport and the shuttle between Orlando International Airport and the accommodations chosen under paragraph 6.1 above;
6.3 Activities selected at the Contest Organizer’s and/or prize supplier’s discretion for two (2) adults and two (2) children, including: Build-A-Bear “Ultimate Celebration” Party, Old Town Orlando carnival & antiques (plus $100 USD spending money via PayPal payment to spend on site), Florida’s Disney Store with $200 USD in Disney Store vouchers and $200 USD spending money via PayPal payment for any attractions or beaches in Florida;
6.4 In the case the accommodation chosen under 6.1 above is the RV rental: up to $600 USD in cash ($150 USD per person) to be used for groceries, parking and petrol purchases;
6.5 Selected travel insurance, at the Contest Organizers’ and/or prize supplier’s sole discretion.
7. The following conditions apply to the prize:
7.1 The winner and his/her guests must be available to travel together during the applicable period, otherwise they will no longer be eligible for the prize, and another eligible entrant may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers;
7.2 The two (2) children must be the children of the winner and/or of the winner’s adult guest to take part in the price, unless otherwise authorized at the Contest Organizers’ discretion;
7.3 To select the RV accommodation, the winner and the accompanying adult must be both 25 years old or over;
7.4 The trip must take place within twelve (12) months following the date at which the Contest Organizers will have communicated with the winner to inform him/her of the terms and conditions applicable to booking and use of the prize. However, the trip is subject to availability and blackout dates will apply unless otherwise provided by the supplier. Blackout dates include peak Christmas (between December 10 and January 5) and may include, in whole or in part, the month of August. Additional date exclusions or limitations may be communicated to the winner by the Contest Organizers, the agency designated by them or a service or prize supplier, at their sole discretion. If the winner decides to book for these special dates, and subject to availability, additional fees may apply, which will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Failure to travel within this 12-month period will cause the prize to be cancelled. The winner must provide three (3) separate dates of preferred travel and the designated service supplier will work towards to try accommodating at least one winner’s preferred date;
7.5 The winner and the persons accompanying the winner must meet the requirements of these Contest Rules and must sign the declaration and release form (referred to in paragraph 10.3 hereof). The winner and his/her guests must also sign any declaration or legal acceptance form provided by a designated service or prize provider in the manner to be prescribed;
7.6 The booking must be made at least sixty (60) days prior to the requested departure date. The logistical organization of the trip must be planned by the winner with the assistance of a representative of the agency designated by the Contest Organizers, within the deadline that can be prescribed by the Contest Organizers. The trip must be booked by the winner by email or phone and valid ID (passport) for the winner and his/her guests will be required to proceed with the booking. No changes will be accepted once the travel dates and travelers’ names are confirmed in writing, unless otherwise accepted by the Contest Organizers and/or the designated service provider. In such a case, extra fees may apply. If the winner and/or his/her guests are not able to participate in the prize once the reservation has been made, no new bookings will be offered and the prize will be cancelled without reimbursement, if applicable. Winner and his/her guests must comply with all the terms and conditions of the prize suppliers (e.g. airline, accommodations, etc.). Contest Organizers are not responsible for any trip or event that is cancelled, delayed, suspended, or changed in date after the booking or ticketing, for any reason whatsoever;
7.7 The winner and his/her guests must be in possession of a valid 5-year passport and must have a minimum of 90 days validity for the duration of the prize holiday. All entry visas, ESTA forms, and/or travel documents are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guests including visa costs, if applicable. Prior to proceed with the booking, the winner must provide the designated service provider with a copy of his/her passport and his/her guests’ passport to ensure names are spelled correctly and validity of their passports.
7.8 All other expenses or fees not expressly described above are at the winner’s and/or his/her guests’ expense, including, without limitation: cost of transportation between the residence and the airport and transportation in Orlando (except the shuttle); personal insurance; accommodation expenses including Internet access fees, minibar fees, room service, local and long-distance phone calls, and hotel security deposit, if required; expenses of a personal nature and travel documents, if applicable; and all gratuities and taxes;
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
9. At 2 p.m. (ET) on August 1, 2019, in Montreal, at the office of the agency in charge of the conduct of the Contest, a random draw will be held among all entries received during the Contest Period in order to select a participant for the prize.
AWARDING OF THE PRIZE
10. To be declared a winner of the prize, the selected entrant must:
10.1 Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question included on the Entry Form. Should the entrant has participated in the Contest by submitting an Entry Letter, a Contest Organizers’ representative will administer the mathematical skill-testing question by phone (as described in paragraph 10.2 below) and the entrant must correctly answer this question;
10.2 Be reached by phone by a Contest Organizers’ representative within three (3) business days of the draw;
10.3 Complete and sign the declaration form that the Contest Organizers will provide him or her by email to the effect that he or she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules. As stated in paragraph 7.5, the persons accompanying the winner must complete and sign the declaration form provided as well;
10.4 Return the declaration form to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within five (5) business days of its receipt;
10.5 On request and in a timely manner provide an identification card with photograph.
11. If the selected entrant: cannot be reached before 5 p.m. (ET) on August 6, 2019, does not meet all the terms and conditions set out in the Contest Rules, refuses the prize, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, or does not complete, sign, or does not return the declaration form in the manner or within the prescribed time, or if it is declared ineligible for the prize in any way whatsoever, then it will be disqualified and will no longer be entitled to the prize. In such event, the Contest Organizers may, in their sole discretion, cancel the prize or randomly select another eligible entrant from the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Contest Rules. The provisions of the preceding article will then apply to the selected new entrant.
12. Within a maximum of thirty (30) days following receipt of the declaration form by the Contest Organizers, the Contest Organizers will communicate with the winner to inform him/her of the terms and conditions applicable to booking and use of the prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
13. Verification. All documents allowing entry in the Contest and the declaration forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle the entrant to an entry or to the prize, as the case may be.
14. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
15. Tampering with Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Facebook Page or any web page or website related to the Contest or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to reject the entrant’s entries and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
16. Acceptance of the Prize. The prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash.
17. Limitation of liability: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for the prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, Disney, and any of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related companies or any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
18. Contest Facebook Page, web pages or websites. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest Facebook Page or of any web page or website related to the Contest will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
19. Limitation of liability: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of the Contest Facebook Page, of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or losses that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
20. Contest modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec, if required.
21. Termination of participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest to award the prize.
22. Prize limits. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award the prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
23. Limitation of liability: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
24. Authorization. By entering this Contest, the entrant selected for the prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding the prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
25. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Contest Organizers’ initiative.
26. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
27. Property. Declaration forms and Entry Letters are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to entrants.
28. Entrant Identification. For the purposes herein, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form or on the Entry Letter. It is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is declared the winner.
29. Minor guests. For the minor guests, the parent or legal guardian of the guest must sign the declaration form and accept the invitation on their behalf so that they can participate in the prize. In the event that the declaration form is signed by only one of the parents, the latter must also confirm having received the authorization of the other parent.
30. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec on any issue under its jurisdiction.
31. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of Disney, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and in the event of any dispute, all entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California, USA to resolve such disputes.
32. Facebook. This Contest is not associated to, managed or sponsored by Facebook. Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to Facebook. Facebook and all its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees are not liable and are released for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook platform and releases the Released Parties from and against any damage that could arise from the use of this platform.
33. Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections shall be applied within the limits of the law.
34. Language. In case of a discrepancy between the French version and the English version of these Contest Rules, the English version shall take precedence.