Students who attend elementary school (in person or virtually) in the City of Barrie. To enter, tell us why you love Barrie! Contest runs February 12 – March 5, 2021.
• Primary students (Kindergarten to Grade 3)
• Junior students (Grades 4 to 6)
• Intermediate students (Grades 7 & 8)
This contest is open to all elementary school-aged children who attend a public or private school in Barrie (English or French) or who reside in Barrie and are home schooled.
Kindergarten to Grade 6 students are invited to submit a piece of artwork or a photo. Grade 7 and 8 students are invited to submit a short story (up to 300 words). Entries will be judged on originality, positivity and expressiveness. Entries must be submitted by an individual, not a class.
Pour nos étudiants francophones, vous pouvez soumettre vos oeuvres en Francais.
One winner will be chosen from each of the divisions for a total of three winners. Prizes for each winner:
• An I Love Barrie prize pack
• Winners’ names will be shared on barrie.ca and will run (once) in This Week in Barrie
• Winners will have the opportunity to share their winning work on the KOOL FM and Rock 95 Morning shows (date and format TBD)
• Winners will share their artwork, photo, or read their essay at a Barrie City Council meeting in spring 2021 (date TBD).