BAYS ENGLISH MUFFINS “GATHER ROUND THE BAYS” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The Bays English Muffins “Gather Round the Bays” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Bays English Muffins (“Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:01 am Central Time (CT) on September 8, 2017and ends at 11:59:59 pm CT on October 1, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be twenty-four (24) separate Daily Entry Periods, each of which will correspond to a separate Daily Prize Drawing. Each Daily Prize Drawing will have a separate pool of entries (see drawing details in Rule 4, below).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, any organization involved in the design, execution or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter, you must have a Facebook account. If you do not have an account, go to www.facebook.com to create one. Facebook accounts are free.
During the Sweepstakes Period:
(i) Go to the Bays English Muffins Page on Facebook (the “Page”) at www.facebook.com/baysenglishmuffins;
(ii) Click on the “Bays Gather Round the Bays” application on the Page and follow the on-screen instructions;
(iii) Complete the entry form by providing the information required which will include, but may not be limited to, your first and last name, phone number, date of birth, mailing address and your email address; and
(iv) Agree to the Official Rules and follow all prompts and instructions to submit your entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/household/email address per Daily Entry Period throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 AM CT and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT each day of the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. No other form of entry is valid. Entries via automated programs, bots or third-party services are prohibited, and any entrant who enters or attempts to enter using such methods/services will be disqualified. Entries by the same person/household/email address in excess of the limit stated above will be void and may result in disqualification of the person/household/email address responsible for the excess entries. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the person whose name is submitted on the entry form. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
4. DAILY PRIZE DRAWINGS/ODDS OF WINNING: For each day of the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will conduct a random Daily Prize Drawing from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Daily Entry Period to select two (2) winners, who will each receive the prize described in Rule 5, below (subject to verification of eligibility). The odds of winning a prize in a Daily Prize Drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received during the corresponding Daily Entry Period. Entries received for each Daily Prize Drawing are not included in subsequent Daily Prize Drawings.
5. DAILY PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): A total of forty-eight (48) prizes will be awarded (two (2) per Daily Prize Drawing). Each prize will consist of the following: one (1) $100 Fanatics®.com online gift certificate redeemable at issuer’s website. Total ARV of prizes awarded in each Daily Prize Drawing: $200.
Gift certificate will be delivered electronically. Use of the gift certificate is subject to all terms, conditions and policies of the issuer. Prizes may not be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash or substituted, except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the stated prize becomes unavailable. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Each potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules to qualify to receive a prize.
Prizes consist only of the items described above. All costs/expenses in excess of $100 will be each winner’s responsibility. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes are the winners’ responsibility.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential winner will be notified by postal mail, email and/or phone, using the information provided at the time of entry, within approximately ten (10) days following the date of the Daily Prize Drawing in which the potential winner was selected. Each potential winner may be required, at Sponsor’s discretion, to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, as a condition of receiving his/her prize. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrants’ mailing addresses, email addresses and/or telephone numbers after the date on which they enter the Sweepstakes. If any of the following should occur: (i) a potential winner fails to return any required documents in a timely manner; (ii) a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (iii) the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that a potential winner is ineligible to receive a prize for failing to comply with these Official Rules or for any other reason; or (iv) a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated, then the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner chosen in a random drawing from among the remaining entries in the applicable Daily Prize Drawing pool. Please allow approximately four (4) weeks for shipment of prizes following end of Sweepstakes Period and verification of winners.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors (including but not limited to technical and human errors), omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware or software, or damage to any person’s computer; (iv) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (v) any entry made in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vii) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant.
If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, social media mandate, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, as determined by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes Period, then Sponsor will select the winners for the Daily Entry Period then in progress from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received during that Daily Entry Period as of the time of termination. Thereafter, no further drawings will be conducted and no further prizes will be awarded, except at Sponsor’s discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants hereby waive, release and agree to hold harmless, Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, media partners, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the officers, employees, directors and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise against any of them, for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable). SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges that the Released Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or the use thereof, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
If you are selected as a winner, your information will also be included in a publicly available winners list.
10. DISPUTES/VENUE/GOVERNING LAW: By participating, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, announcements or notifications and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by November 1, 2017 to: Bays English Muffins, Gather Round the Bays Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 1455, Chicago, IL 60690-1455.
12. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Bays Corporation, Chicago, IL.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
©2017 Bays Corporation All rights reserved.