Horace Mann's Spring Forward with Funding Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE, POLICY RENEWAL, OR INSURANCE QUOTE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Promotion (defined below) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, promoted by, or associated with Facebook. In order to participate, internet access is required. By entering the Promotion, participants understand they are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1. Horace Mann's 2020 Spring Forward with Funding Sweepstakes Promotion (the “Promotion”) commences at 8:00 AM Central Time (“CST”) on March 2, 2020 and ends at 2:00 PM CST on April 3, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). All Promotion entries must be received by 2:00 PM CST on April 3, 2020. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Horace Mann Service Corporation (“Sponsor” or “Horace Mann”). Entrants are not obligated to make a purchase of any kind from any entity, renew any existing policy, become a customer of Sponsor, have multiple lines of insurance with Sponsor, request or obtain an insurance quote, or open new lines of insurance with Sponsor in order to either enter this Promotion, maintain eligibility as an Entrant in this Promotion, or to win a prize.
3. Consumer Disclosure: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Void outside the U.S., in Puerto Rico, as well as in or to residents of any U.S. state, territory, or jurisdiction not specifically listed above, and where prohibited and/or restricted by law. Entrants are only eligible to win one prize during the Promotion Period. Excludes parent companies, affiliated companies and subsidiaries of Sponsor, officers, directors, contractors, agents and employees of Sponsor and Sponsor’s subsidiaries, members, licensees, affiliates, distributors, dealerships, franchisees, sales representatives, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to, this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); and members of their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings and their respective spouses) or members of the same household, whether or not related.
To enter this Promotion, an Entrant MUST have or establish a DonorsChoose project and MUST properly designate the DonorsChoose project on the Entry Form. There are NO payments, fees or costs associated with creating or establishing a DonorsChoose project. To be eligible for this Promotion, the balance needed to Fully Fund a designated DonorsChoose project may not exceed $500 at the time of entry. Only one DonorsChoose project may be designated per entry, and the same DonorsChoose project may NOT be designated more than once in this Promotion, even if designated by different Entrants.
Daily prizes: At least 4 (four) winners will be randomly drawn on each weekday during the week of March 30, 2020, each of whom will receive Full Funding for their designated DonorsChoose project, up to a maximum of $500 per winner, per DonorsChoose project. If, at the conclusion of each daily drawing of 4 (four) winners, at least $2,000 in funding for designated DonorsChoose projects has not been awarded, additional winners will continue to be drawn until the minimum amount of $2,000 for that day has been breached.
Total prizes: A minimum of 20 (twenty) winners will be selected in total during the Promotion Period, for a minimum total of $10,000 in funding for DonorsChoose projects that will be awarded during this Promotion. If, at the conclusion of the Promotion Period, at least $10,000 in funding for designated DonorsChoose projects has not been awarded, additional winners will continue to be drawn until the minimum amount of $10,000 for this Promotion has been breached.
Texas Residents: All selected winners who are within or are residents of the State of Texas will be announced on the same date and time as the winner of the last prize, regardless of the date on which any Texas winner’s name, if any, is drawn. All prizes will be awarded to Texas winners consistent with these Official Rules as though each Texas winner, if any, was selected on the same date and time as the winner of the last prize in this Promotion.
As used in these Official Rules, the terms “Fully Funded”, “Fully Fund”, or “Full Funding” mean the amount of money necessary to bring the Project Balance for the designated DonorsChoose project to $0. The amount of money necessary to bring the Project Balance to $0 will be determined solely at the time the deposit of winning funds by Sponsor into the winner’s designated DonorsChoose project is made, not at the time of the winner’s entry into the Promotion or at the time the winner is drawn. The amount deposited into any individual DonorsChoose project pursuant to this Promotion will not exceed $500 under any circumstances.
All winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received. The random selection will be administered by a digital third-party software application to ensure impartial selection. Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes or dollar amounts as described in these Official Rules be awarded.
NO CASH PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED DIRECTLY TO ANY WINNER OR PERSON. ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED BY DEPOSITING THE AMOUNT NECESSARY TO FULLY FUND THE DONORSCHOOSE PROJECT DESIGNATED IN THE WINNING ENTRY AT THE TIME OF THE DEPOSIT DIRECTLY INTO THE DESIGNATED DONORSCHOOSE PROJECT, AND ALL FUNDS AWARDED MUST BE USED FOR THE DESIGNATED DONORSCHOOSE PROJECT ONLY. WINNERS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PAY ANY COSTS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE FULL FUNDING FOR THEIR DONORSCHOOSE PROJECT.
4. How to Enter the Promotion: Entrants can enter the Promotion by going to the following link and filling out and submitting the required Entry Form:
In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the email account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the winning Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected or potential winning “authorized account subscribers” may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holders of the email addresses associated with the applicable Entries (“Email Verification”).
Persons wishing to enter the Promotion who meet all eligibility requirements may also enter the Promotion by printing out the Entry Form and submitting it to Sponsor via facsimile at FAX Number 217-788-5161 and adding “ATTN: Marketing/Spring Forward with Funding” to the top of the Entry Form. For entries submitted via facsimile, please be sure to put an “x” or checkmark in the box next to the “I agree to the official rules” line to show your acceptance and agreement to abide by these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection, Winner Notification, Odds of Winning: Prize drawings will be conducted by Sponsor through a digital third-party application in order to ensure an impartial selection. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received as of the time of the daily draw. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification of a potential winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Except where prohibited, the winning Entrants may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) and any required tax forms within seven (7) days of Entrants receipt of such forms. If a potential winner (a) cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts are made to effectuate contact, (b) fails to return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility by the deadline specified above, or (c) is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified from the Promotion and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be conducted for each unawarded prize, after which the prize may remain unawarded. An attempt to contact each Winner will be made via email within ten (10) days of that Winner being selected for a prize
All funding necessary to Fully Fund each winner’s designated DonorsChoose project will be deposited within 48 hours of each winner being selected as a winner, unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, chooses to request any of the documents described above. If, after ten (10) days from sending a written request for any such documents from a winner, Sponsor has not received the requested completed and properly executed documents, Sponsor may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, either: a) select an alternate winner or b) grant the original winner a limited extension of time to complete and return the requested documents, but in no event will more than one extension of time be granted. In the event that an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release Form, Email Verification, and/or any required tax forms are requested, the prize for that winner will be deposited directly into the DonorsChoose project designated by the winner when he/she initially entered this Promotion within five (5) days of receipt of the requested documents by Sponsor.
AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE ARE NOT INCREASED BY MAKING A PURCHASE, RENEWING A POLICY, BY REQUESTING AN INSURANCE QUOTE, BY BECOMING A CUSTOMER OF SPONSOR, BY HAVING MULTIPLE POLICIES WITH SPONSOR, OR BY OPENING ADDITIONAL LINES OF INSURANCE WITH SPONSOR.
BUYING WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE ARE THE SAME AS THE CHANCES OF SOMEONE WHO PURCHASES SOMETHING. IT IS ILLEGAL TO GIVE ANY ADVANTAGE TO BUYERS IN A SWEEPSTAKES.
6. General Terms, Releases, and Limitations of Liability: Entrants agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and further agree that any prizes awarded will be awarded upon the condition that the Sponsor and Promotion Entities shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize, participation in this Promotion, and participation in any Promotion-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its merchantability, quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves any and all rights to solely interpret and administer the Official Rules of this Promotion which shall be final and each Entrant agrees to abide by all Sponsor decisions regarding this Promotion. Entrants shall bear sole and full responsibility for any associated taxes in whatever form as may be assessed as a result of winning a prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Promotion (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Sponsor’s website or any portion thereof). Use of any automated system to participate in this Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the allowed number of entries per person or per DonorsChoose project by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods will void any entry by that Entrant and could result in disqualification from this Promotion and/or disqualification from all future sweepstakes or promotions by the Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to rescind any prize or any Entrant’s status as a winner due to a violation of any of these Official Rules as determined solely by Sponsor or in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Release of Sponsor: Neither Sponsor nor the Promotion Entities are responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind; traffic congestion on the Internet, on DonorsChoose’s website, on the Sponsor’s website or any combination thereof; lost network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, Promotion Entities, users, or by any other reasons, including but not limited to the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant's ability to participate and/or redeem any prize in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law.
8. Liability: As a condition of participating in this Promotion and/or winning a prize, Entrants agree that, with respect to Sponsor and all Promotion entities: (a) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion and/or prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event shall attorney’s fees be awarded. The laws of the State of Illinois shall exclusively govern this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify this Promotion, as applicable and in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including, but not limited to, any federal, provincial, state, or local governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify this Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, or who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, do not meet eligibility requirements. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
10. Request for Winners List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Winners List, please send a request to . . The complete Winners List will also be available online after April 3, 2020 at
11. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Sponsor’s Mailing Address and Principle Place of Business:
Horace Mann Service Corporation
1 Horace Mann Plaza
Springfield, IL 62715
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, promoted by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant is affirming that he/she understands that he/she is providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. By participating in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to hold Facebook harmless against any responsibility or liability arising in connection with, or as a result of, participation in this Promotion. The information provided by Entrants during the Promotion entry process is being provided to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.