2022-2023 BLUE RIDGE COMPANIES HOME COURT ADVANTAGE SKILLS CONTEST (“PROMOTION”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN Only TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) U.S. States AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE Eighteen (18) YEARS and OLDer AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Promotion Sponsor: Blue Ridge Companies, Inc. 5826 Samet Drive, Suite 105, High Point, NC 27265.
A minimum of one (1) month of free rent at a select residential property owned by the principals of Blue Ridge Companies, Inc. (“BRC”), an approximate retail value $1,150.00, and a maximum of up to twelve (12) months of free rent at such BRC property, an approximate retail value of $13,800.00, will be given away to 1 lucky winner! (the “Prize”). All costs, including federal, state and local sales, income and other taxes, insurance, and other expenses not specifically identified above as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution for the Prize is permissible, except by BRC due to Prize unavailability, and then a Prize of equal or greater value (as determined by BRC) may be substituted.
Rules and Qualifications
1. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of BRC, Hornets D League, LLC or their respective affiliates and any co-sponsor of this Promotion, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (i.e., spouses, parents, siblings, children, the “steps” of each and their respective spouses, and in-laws), and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible.
2. The Promotion will run from 6:00 pm EST on Friday, November 4, 2022, through 11:59 pm EST on Thursday, March 16, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. No purchase is necessary to enter. To enter the Promotion, you need to either (1) go to https://blueridgecompanies.com/Community.aspx and complete and submit the entry form during the Promotion Period; or (2) write to Sponsor at the address above to request a printed entry form and upon receipt, complete and mail to Sponsor a printed entry form, to be received by Sponsor no later than the end of the Promotion Period. There is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per Promotion Period. Entries that do not meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements will be disqualified. Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
4. There will be one (1) winner of this Promotion. One (1) entry will be chosen randomly from all of the Entrants prior to the Swarm’s final home game. Selected entrant (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email or telephone prior to the final home game, invited to the game, and provided courtesy tickets. The Selected Entrant must respond within two (2) calendar days from the first notification attempt to confirm their attendance at the final home game. If a Selected Entrant does not respond by the deadline, another winner will be chosen. The Selected Entrant will have a chance to shoot 12 free-throw shots for up to 12 months of rent-free living at a select BRC residential community. The Selected Entrant with the most successful shots after a period of 90 seconds will be awarded the Prize. Property selection available for Prize redemption shall be in BRC’s sole discretion. Subject to the limitations herein, Prize redemption must take place within six (6) months of the final home game or the Prize shall be forfeited.
5. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. All decisions in the selection of the winner are final on all matters relating to this Promotion.
6. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
7. BRC reserves the right to disqualify or refuse to post any entry at any time in its sole discretion. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
8. BRC and persons and companies associated with it disclaim all liability for injury or damage to persons and/or property that might result from Promotion entry or acceptance of the Prize. By participating, Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability or damages associated with these Promotions or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion.
9. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility, including but not limited to compliance with the rental requirements of each participating BRC property, and provide a publicity release upon their selection as a Selected Entrant or Prize will be forfeited. Potential winners may also be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form as a Selected Entrant or Prize will be forfeited. The failure to return any documents in a timely manner may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen.
10. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Promotion.
11. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties and their agencies to use winners’ names, entries, and/or likenesses for the purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation (except where prohibited by law).
12. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
13. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegal, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion.
14. If, in BRC’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of or undermining the legitimate operation of the Promotion, by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs); intending to abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or BRC representatives; or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Promotion, BRC reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or modify and/or terminate the Promotion and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all known eligible non-suspect entries received. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BRC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
15. DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN GUILFORD COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NORTH CAROLINA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN GUILFORD COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR PROMOTION ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROMOTION, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED..
16. Participants acknowledge that registration in the Promotion constitutes automatic opt-in to receive email, text messages, marketing communication or other communications from the Promotion Parties. Participant may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email.
17. The name of the final winner of this Promotion will be available upon written request to Sponsor at the address above no later than thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period.
18. Team will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Promotion or any prize awarded. Team has not offered or sponsored this Promotion in any way