Allstate Protection Plans Picture Perfect Sweepstakes
(the “Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Description: The Allstate Protection Plans Picture Perfect Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by SquareTrade, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins on October 26, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on November 2, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, sweepstakes, or contest. The distribution of the prize(s) will be at the sole determination of the Sponsor to the individual(s) deemed the winner(s) of the Sweepstakes by the Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility: Participation open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of SquareTrade Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter: (1) During the Sweepstakes Period (a) create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); (b) follow @AllstateProtectionPlans on Twitter; (c) reply to Sponsor’s designated promotional tweets with a photo you took on a mobile phone camera, (d) include the hashtag #PicturePerfectAPP, (e) tag @AllstateProtectionPlans on the post. Upon following each of these four steps you will automatically receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. Replies must follow provided guidelines to be eligible to receive an Entry in the applicable random drawing. (2) To receive an Entry without the using Twitter, hand print your first and last names, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, email address and the name of the Sweepstakes on a 3" x 5" piece of paper, insert it into an envelope, affix postage and mail it to: SquareTrade, Inc. Attn: Sweepstakes, 600 Harrison Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94107, to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Mailed Entries must be postmarked by the last date of the Promotion Period and received by Sponsor five (5) days later to be entered into the random drawing. Mechanically reproduced or photocopied mailed Entries are automatically void. Incomplete Entries are void. Entries must be hand-addressed and complete in order to be eligible. Any Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Sweepstakes rules may be disqualified.
If you do not have a Twitter account, establishing an account is free. All Twitter terms apply. Your Twitter account must be set to “public” in order for your entry to be eligible. If your Twitter account is private, your Reply will NOT be eligible. You can return the applicable account to “private” any time after the winner has been announced. Sponsor may not receive Entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their Account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service. @Reply messages not received by Sponsor will not be entered in the Sweepstakes.
Entry may not contain, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
• promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive;
• endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
• contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• features the brand, catchphrase, or logo of any organization, campaign, contest, etc. that is not affiliated with Sponsor;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying, any celebrity and/or other public or private figure, living or dead without their permission;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; or
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may
not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights
of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to
submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and
exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor
reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from
any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render entry null and
void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the
submission and use of the Entry in the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/authorized Twitter account holder. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter multiple times, subsequent Entries received from such person will be disqualified. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to submit an Entry. All Entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules; no other method of entry into this Sweepstakes will be permitted. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must be made by an individual only. Group Entries are prohibited. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Random Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): On or about five (5) days after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
|# of Prizes||Prize||ARV|
|2||Photo printer + film and iPhone tripod||$229.90|
Approximate Retail Value of all available prizes is $229.90.
5. Potential Winner Notification: Within forty-eight (48) hours of the random drawing, Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner via Twitter direct message to entrant’s Twitter account. Upon Sponsor’s request, each Winner must also execute and return, where legally permissible, a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and/or a publicity release. If a potential prize winner fails to respond to the direct message notification attempt within seventy-two (72) hours of notification attempt, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will attempt to award the prize to an alternate potential winner. If there is no confirmed winner even after an attempt to award the prize to an alternate potential prize winner, the applicable prize may go unawarded. Winner will receive their prize approximately one (1) to six (6) weeks from the date the winner was selected.
6. Other Conditions of Participation: The participant is solely responsible for entering the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period as well as properly claiming a prize if selected as a prize winner. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No prize substitution will be allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any element of the advertised prize package becomes unavailable. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to the use of winner's name, city and state of residence, Entry photo or video, and statements about the Sweepstakes and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including but not limited to social media) without limitation and without further compensation or notice (unless prohibited by law) by SquareTrade, Inc. Once a prize has been delivered to a winner’s residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered “awarded.” All income taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, Sweepstakes entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release SquareTrade, Inc., its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of the prize (if awarded to him/her), and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) Entries that are lost, late, stolen, damaged, garbled, destroyed or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or, software; (iv) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize winner, or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, the Sponsor will select the prize winner from among all valid, non-suspect Entries received as of the time/date of termination of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or any aspect of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Any participant who is notified that they have won is the potential winner until Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the participant is eligible to win in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize (if awarded to him/her) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in San Francisco, California. United States, and litigation and/or trials will be decided solely by a judge. ENTRANT WAIVES TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUCH ACTION(S); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OTHER SPONSOR PARTY, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE, OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH SPONSOR PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. ALL PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY “AS IS.” THE SPONSOR PARTIES DO NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH REGARD TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
8. Privacy: The information you provide will be used in accordance with the privacy statement of SquareTrade, Inc. which is available at https://www.squaretrade.com/privacypolicy.
9. Winner’s List: To receive name of the prize winner, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “Allstate Protection Plans Picture Perfect Sweepstakes Winner’s List”, 600 Harrison St., Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94107. All such requests must be received no later than six (6) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
10. Sponsor: SquareTrade, Inc. 600 Harrison St., Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94107.