Official Rules for NoviPet Picture Perfect Puppy Online Photo Contest
By entering the NoviPet Picture Perfect Puppy Online Photo Contest (the “Contest”), entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and to accept as final all decisions of NoviPet, Inc. (“NoviPet”) concerning the Contest.
1. This Contest is only open to persons who are 18 years or older who are legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NoviPet and affiliate companies of NoviPet (collectively, “NoviPet Affiliates”) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
2. NoviPet invites submissions by each entrant of his or her favorite photograph of a puppy. Eligible submissions will be posted on NoviPet’s Facebook page and users will be able to vote on their favorite photos. The five (5) photographs receiving the most votes from Facebook users will then be judged by NoviPet and one of those photographs, if selected by NoviPet, will be featured on the packaging for selected NoviPet Puppies products.
3. The Contest period is from 9:00 a.m. PST on April 22, 2013 through midnight PST on May 13, 2013. Entries must be received on or before midnight PST on May 13, 2013 to be eligible for the Contest. No late submissions will be accepted.
4. All entries must be an original photograph created solely by the entrant and by entering the Contest, entrant warrants that such photograph is an original work with full copyright owned by the entrant and no other person or entity. No entries will be accepted or valid for this competition if they are joint works from multiple photographers.
5. You may enter as often as you wish. There is no limit on the number of your original photographs that you may enter.
6. Entries must be submitted online on the NoviPet Facebook page in accordance with file upload instructions as detailed below: preferred image format is .jpg, but other supported image formats include .bmp, .png, .gif, and .tiff files. Uploaded imaged must not exceed 5 MB in size.
7. The winning entrant will be notified by email, at the email address provided on the winner’s submission.
8. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants NoviPet and NoviPet Affiliates a perpetual, worldwide royalty free right, permission and license for the entrant’s submitted photograph to be used, copied and displayed by NoviPet and NoviPet Affiliates in their marketing, Contests, product packaging and other materials and through, on and in all forms of online and non-online media (including, without limitation, on the main NoviPet website, the NoviPet Facebook pages, and other NoviPet and NoviPet Affiliate websites, elsewhere on the World Wide Web, in printed, visual, video and any other electronic form). The winning entrant will also be required to sign a written Affidavit of Eligibility and Rights License (which is available for review here http://www.fetchingcommunications.com/fb/novipet/novipetaffidavit.pdf) confirming the foregoing uses of the winning photograph and their eligibility in the Contest.
9. Entries considered to not be in compliance with these Official Rules or otherwise being inappropriate in NoviPet’s sole discretion will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Eligible entries will be judged by NoviPet in its sole discretion on artistic merit and the puppy depicted. NoviPet reserves the right not to select any submission as the winning entry, even from among those five (5) submissions that receive the most votes from Facebook users.
10. NoviPet and NoviPet Affiliates will not be responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, non-delivered entries; or for interrupted, unavailable or failed satellite, network, server, Internet, website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility; for miscommunications or technical failure or corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or technical errors or difficulties; or for other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network; or the loss of any submitted information. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Neither NoviPet nor NoviPet Affiliates shall be responsible for any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's computer or other devices (and any data or other contents contained thereon), resulting from participating in this Contest or use of the Contest website. Should any portion of the Contest, in NoviPet’s opinion, be compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which may or does corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, NoviPet reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. NoviPet is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to this website.
11. IN NO EVENT WILL NOVIPET OR ANY OF NOVIPET AFFILIATES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY NOVIPET WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM SUCH WEBSITES OR AN ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTEST MATERIALS IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO AN ENTRANT. EACH ENTRANT SHOULD CHECK APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, exclusive of conflict of laws provisions. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.