1. ENTRY: The #IChoseToRescue contest will launch October 1, 2020, and will close January 3, 2021.
Contest is open to participants in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by uploading an adopted pet photo to Twitter, Instagram or on the #IChoseToRescue contest website. All entries on Twitter and Instagram must include the hashtag #IChoseToRescue and tag both Helen Woodward Animal Center (@hwac) and Blue Buffalo (@bluebuffalo). Contestants will complete their entry by entering in their email address on our contest page at www.home4theholidays.org. The photo entry and email address constitute the contestant’s “Submission”. In order for Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo to see your picture, your profile must be public for the duration of the competition (October 1, 2020 beginning at 12:00 am PST to January 3, 2021 ending at 11:59 pm PST). If your profile is private, you will not be eligible to win. Each adopter may submit unlimited entries between October 1, 2020, and January 3, 2021, inclusive. Entries beyond this may be shared, but are not eligible to win.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter, you must be at least 18 years of age. Entry into this contest is open in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Employees and volunteers of Helen Woodward Animal Center, Blue Buffalo and Home 4 the Holidays (H4TH) partner organizations are not eligible for their submissions to be selected as a winner in the contest. Only individual adopters and pet owners not employed or affiliated with Helen Woodward Animal Center, Blue Buffalo or Home 4 the Holidays (H4TH) organizations are eligible for their submission to be selected as a winner. H4TH organizations are eligible to be picked as a selected shelter of the winners if they meet all the eligibility criteria.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Three prizes will be given throughout the duration of the contest and will be selected on these dates: November 1, 2020, December 2, 2020, and January 3, 2021. A Helen Woodward Animal Center panel will select pet entries based on subjective connection to the purpose of Home 4 the Holidays; choosing pet adoption as the preferred way to save an orphan pet’s life and to bring a pet into a loving home environment. Any content that is obscene, vulgar, promotes a brand, or shows people other than oneself, or one’s family, will be disqualified. Winner selection remains the sole discretion of Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo and will be based equally on quality/appeal of the photo and corresponding post.
4. PRIZES: One prize per pet adoption organization and submitting pet parent winner. Organizations must be located in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada. Organizations must be a 501c3 or not-for-profit corporation and provide a W‐9 or other documentation.
Each prize encompasses:
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 30 days after the contest closes. They will be notified by email, using the contact information provided during entry. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Once the winner is chosen, the announcement will be made and publicized on Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo’s social media channels.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants hereby grant Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo
a non‐exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license. Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants. Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Publicity and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non‐compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo. Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter and release Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Helen Woodward Animal
Center and Blue Buffalo and not to Instagram or Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have
won, and to inform you about special offers from Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Helen Woodward
Animal Center and Blue Buffalo in its discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Helen Woodward
Animal Center and Blue Buffalo retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected social media posts or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Helen Woodward Animal Center and Blue Buffalo from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.